Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

onelogin breached
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Good thing I've never heard of this lol

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2017

and this is why you use 2FA auth whenever possible.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

@KnownHostChrisM said:
    and this is why you use 2FA auth whenever possible.

Also why you don't store important login information on someone else's computer, unless you (at the very least) control the data storage itself. Like I'm cool with local password managers backed up to cloud storage, because the sync file is something I can control. Much less okay with the entire thing being stored in a way that I can't manipulate.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's not a consumer offering. It's for enterprises that want to have someone else manager their identity and authorization management. I think you'd only use it at work so your company could provide SSO to various apps. Maybe it's like Okta?

At least that's what 60 seconds skimming their web site suggests.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • jarland said: Good thing I've never heard of this lol

Same here. I never heard of OneLogin until this morning.

• @Yura said:
    then use anotherlogin

best answer

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @raindog308 said:
    It's not a consumer offering. It's for enterprises that want to have someone else manager their identity and authorization management. I think you'd only use it at work so your company could provide SSO to various apps. Maybe it's like Okta?

>

This is pretty much it. It's an identity management service. I think they use OAuth like Google, Facebook, or AD with Federation Services.

• I've never used such kind of software and I never encourage my friends doing such. If one has trouble remembering passwords, it's not bad to write it down on a notebook (not for bank accounts of course).

• Same thing with one password, or saving your passwords with chrome, it only takes one hit to get all your websites passwords. hell na

• YKMYKM Member

Just a heads up, I don't use it and hadn't heard of it but surprised how many do according to their site.

• Anyways, what are your views on lastpass?

• HybridHybrid Member

I use my brain to store my passwords, nothing can crack it, except maybe a bottle of vodka

• YuraYura Member

@Hybrid said:
    I use my brain to store my passwords, nothing can crack it, except maybe a bottle of vodka

Even an empty bottle can crack a head. Be careful.

• imokimok Member

@dedipromo said:
    I've never used such kind of software and I never encourage my friends doing such. If one has trouble remembering passwords, it's not bad to write it down on a notebook (not for bank accounts of course).

OneLogin is not a service for just storing passwords. It's an identity provider (and more) for enterprises.

At work we were looking for their services but we were also afraid of these things, we made a local installation instead.