Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Lowend VPS in Italy.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WorldWorld Veteran

Comments

• ahmiqahmiq Member

I think prometeous?

• azizmbazizmb Member

@prometeus (http://www.prometeus.net/sito/) is located in Italy. Outstanding service too.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

And for your info prometeus.net/iperweb (same group of company) is Rank #1 in the LET/LEB providers polls, with a very high reputation.

• marrcomarrco Member

Prometeus. Definitely the best choice in Italy and among the best in Europe.

• Prometeus is sold out of almost everything except Business Xen11/Xen13 (not LEB priced) and OverZold plans so Edis might be your best bet if you want something LEB priced unless you're willing to wait.

• Hands down Prometeus, you cust can't go wrong.

• I believe Prometeus has KVM available through Iperweb.

• MunMun Member

Prometeus~!~

• azizmbazizmb Member

@mpkossen said:
    I believe Prometeus has KVM available through Iperweb.

Those are sold out as well :(

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I just added some stock on xen and some KVM :-)

I'm keeping all the available hardware to play with my cloud experiments, I want at least 1TB of available RAM to start ;-)

Thanked by 1D3vil
  • @prometeus - 1 TB when counting all servers, not 1 TB in one server:)

@finlandvps said:
    prometeus - 1 TB when counting all servers, not 1 TB in one server:)

yes, 8 servers to be precise...

• edited July 2013

I'm wondering what application I can run with 1TB ram :D

Maximum memory I ever have for vps is 5gb, but I only use 100mb of it.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Looking for Italy or Europe is prometeus recommendation magnet

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Prometeus is the best not only in Italy...

• WorldWorld Veteran

@jcaleb said:
    Prometeus is the best not only in Italy...

OK,and i found $9/year lowend vps in Italy,but i lost hosting name,it's iperweb?

• I want at least 1TB of available RAM to start

I've been trying to convince online.net to let me test drive their 1TB RAM E7 server for free...no luck yet :P

• @junjiang said:
    OK,and i found $9/year lowend vps in Italy,but i lost hosting name,it's iperweb?

Iperweb is another brand of Prometeus :)

• WorldWorld Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Iperweb is another brand of Prometeus :)

But i don't buy it now....

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

I am sorry for the lack of stock, Uncle is very busy not only with the cloud tests and deployment, but also with other projects.

We havent set up a new regular VPS server since last promo, OVZ is riddled with bugs still, so, except OVerZold which is not supposed to be top of the range and a few reboots wont kill anyone, we are waiting for a more stable version. Will see if after the latest patch the stability will improve.

On the bright side we are making progress with the cloud, so far works HB integration, vm deployment, templating, own iso mounting, disk download/upload, snapshots, HA, to mention a few highlights.

It will be a very tough call to make the prices for this... It is highly unlikely they will be below 7 $ for any instance except maybe for the launch event or for beta testers.

• ttsaonttsaon Member

Prometeus is no good

• rds100rds100 Member

@ttsaon the majority here will strongly disagree with you :)
    Probably the problem you exprienced was caused by you.

• @prometeus is of course very-very-good ( if that is what you meant @ttason) They are the most sought after and favorite provider of LEB/T for consecutive quarters so that explains better. I have service with them for more than a year without any performance issues or downtime ( apart from a router blip which lasted ~5-10min)

@Liam said:
    whilst the users would be preposing marriage

:-D

• neqsteneqste Member

I know about many providers in Italy, but two best value is Prometeus (Iperweb.com) & EDIS.at

@Jack said:
    the amount of reboots you say you have is unreal and really unusual for OVZ...

They are not so much per se, just too much for my taste ;-)

• neqsteneqste Member

When will the stock aviable?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@Jack said:

As I said earlier, I think someone knew about the exploit (or could be another one entirely) Only some servers are having a problem, same make and setup as others which dont, so, probably someone is exploiting the bug to cause crashes or there are some combinations of software that do.

We are very liberal accepting a lot of applications and, probably, this is the reason we have more reboots/softlocks.

On the other hand, as Uncle said, in average we have more uptime than other OVZ VPS I have, so, not so many per se, just in some 50 servers it happens a couple of times per week, which is not disastruos, but annoying still.

KVM/Xen/VMWare we didnt have any reboot yet, nor lockups, so it must be OVZ's fault.