Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Completely disgusted with DigitalOcean's handling of spam prevention laws - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Completely disgusted with DigitalOcean's handling of spam prevention laws

2»

Comments

• @klpowell - how about restoring from a snapshot or taking a backup yourself, or provision another droplet and rsync files from droplet1 to droplet2 ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting thread considering I have been sending daily reports to spamcop for 3 weeks for paypal phishing emails all coming from DO, the only response I got was when I made it public on twitter.

• @anthonysmith - can you send a link to the tweet? I'd like to see their response.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited July 2013

@klpowell I am sorry but that's just stupid! If they require you to do this then you need to move on and find a better provider. Swapping your IP address with another should not taking any additional work beside a simple reboot.

• @marcm - I don't think DO can change IPs without destroying the droplet, it's probably hardwired into their systems.

• @klpowell said:
    I am having the opposite problem with DO. I created a droplet and got everything setup the way I wanted. Upon testing emailing out to various services I began to get reject notices from Google that the IP had been banned for bulk emailing. I contacted DO support about this and they gave really no help. They suggested I provision another droplet to get a new IP. Since I had spent the better part of two days getting the vps configured the way I wanted, rebuilding from scratch isn't really what I want to do.

Just create an image from within their panel then create a new VM using that image

• marcmmarcm Member

@finlandvps they could, they just don't want to make the effort to do so.

• @Spencer said:
    Just create an image from within their panel then create a new VM using that image

That was the final suggestion I received. Not sure that I want to spend additional money on a second droplet to do so. Especially when I have a great VPS from @qps that I have never had this issue on. My only purpose for getting anything from DO was to spread some domains around to other servers. Moving them back to my QPS VPS is less work than reprovisioning one with DO.

Thanked by 1qps
  • SpiritSpirit Member

Not sure that I want to spend additional money on a second droplet to do so.

How second droplet??? Create an image from within their panel then create a new VM using that image, check if everything is ok, kill old VM. Running two VMs simultaneously few hours will cost you some cent.