Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS to be used as a private seedbox - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS to be used as a private seedbox

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the info, everyone :). I'm now back in the market. I had taken up a reseller that had PMd me with a fantastic offer (that I accepted). For some reason, however, they weren't able to get enough clients to fill their servers (and I'm still shocked by this, since the price and server quality were both excellent), so my payment was refunded. Reasonably-priced offers are appreciated (preferably for a good slice of an OVH dedi running KVM so that I can try a Windows trial). Cheers :)

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited January 2014

If you only want to use this as a seedbox, you could try meggafast.com

• @dhamaniasad said:
    If you only want to use this as a seedbox, you could try meggafast.com

I would preferably not just be using it as a seedbox. Also, their plans are quite a bit beyond my price range. While it would be nice, a Gbit line is not required.

• user123 said: I would preferably not just be using it as a seedbox. Also, their plans are quite a bit beyond my price range. While it would be nice, a Gbit line is not required.

Try this.

• @dhamaniasad said:

That would be great if renting one on my own did not require sending OVH copies of all my documents. Usually, someone has an OVH KS 2G or mKS 2G with unused/idling resources and I just rent a slice (500GB HDD, 2-4GB RAM) to help them supplement the cost.

• Bringing this thread up. I'm still looking for a VPS (preferably a nice KVM slice of someone's OVH/Kimsufi dedi).

• @user123 said:
    I would preferably not just be using it as a seedbox. Also, their plans are quite a bit beyond my price range. While it would be nice, a Gbit line is not required.

oneprovider has some of online.net's castoffs. best is probably the Xeon 1230 for 29 euro. It has 8GB RAM, 2x1TB w/ hardware raid & 1gbit port.

• @zevus said:
    oneprovider has some of online.net's castoffs. best is probably the Xeon 1230 for 29 euro. It has 8GB RAM, 2x1TB w/ hardware raid & 1gbit port.

I saw their site, but they're out of my price range.

• user123, like I said, I think the BuyVM KVM deal is pretty ideal for you (PS I'm not shill or astroturfer or anything like that)

It's 512MB RAM/500GB HDD/5TB bandwidth.

It's $15/month, but if you do billing in 6 month increments, you can get 1 month free every period, so that package is $12.50/month.

It meets all your requirements EXCEPT RAM, but for torrenting even quite a lot of torrents with rtorrent headless (or even via rutorrent) it may not matter

They're currently out of stock, but I think they put out new stock every few weeks. They have a feed: http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/. Their IRC channel is also a good source of info.

• @wsx12345 said:
    user123, like I said, I think the BuyVM KVM deal is pretty ideal for you (PS I'm not shill or astroturfer or anything like that)

It's 512MB RAM/500GB HDD/5TB bandwidth.

It's $15/month, but if you do billing in 6 month increments, you can get 1 month free every period, so that package is $12.50/month.

It meets all your requirements EXCEPT RAM, but for torrenting even quite a lot of torrents with rtorrent headless (or even via rutorrent) it may not matter

They're currently out of stock, but I think they put out new stock every few weeks. They have a feed: http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/. Their IRC channel is also a good source of info.

Thanks :). I'll keep an eye out for more to come in stock. That said, if someone has a dedi (OVH, online.net, etc) with more RAM that they would like to split (or if they have a nice 2.99€/month Kimsufi they would like to sublet for a profit :P), I would definitely be open to that :). I'm pretty low maintenance and if it works well, I would be interested in doing this for the foreseeable future. TBH, after my latest server, I'm now kind of spoiled and would prefer running a Windows trial (hence the KVM).