Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach down ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach down ?

gurugrvgurugrv Member

One of my VPS with them has been down for 5 hours, I talked to them via live chat, the executive told me to create a ticket. The tickect has been unanswered yet and the server is still down.

Comments

• gurugrvgurugrv Member

The server isn't accessible from the client portal too.

• eloftyelofty Member

looks fine to me

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2017

Your box is in Seattle, isn't it? Severhub's DC there seems to be completely unreachable at the moment.

• All my VMs are up. My Seattle VPS is in CC's DC and thats online.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

One of my servers with them in CC Buffalo was down for a bit this morning.

• YuraYura Member

This today's reg is up to no good. Just posted a bunch of horseshit in cloudron topic and now this also. I wonder, if he is malevolent or just a guy like that.

My @Virmach service is fine. Knock on wood.

• m3gfm3gf Member

LosA CC is fine, node LAOVZ3

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

So IPv4 in Serverhub Seattle seems to be back up, routing is somewhat strange though.

Still no IPv6 connectivity to Seattle, but from my experience Serverhub won't fix that anytime soon. IPv6 connectivity in Frankfurt also went down yesterday.

Please keep in mind that's nothing you can blame Virmach for. These are upstream issues.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

One of my VPS with them has been down for 5 hours, I talked to them via live chat, the executive told me to create a ticket. The tickect has been unanswered yet and the server is still down.

I apologize for the wait. The live chat is a lower level of support that doesn't necessarily always have information about downtimes. In this case, the live chat should have directed you to the network status page. If there's a downtime, we do get a higher influx of tickets about the downtime so we often cannot reply to all of them in a timely manner.

There was a network outage today, in Seattle Serverhub DC. All customers will be automatically credited per our agreement.

gurugrv said: The server isn't accessible from the client portal too.

This was a separate unrelated issue. Scheduled maintenance on our website.

(edit) Sorry, that may actually be related. We're reporting this to the module developers. It shouldn't throw an error like that; it should just state that the service status is unknown.

@agoldenberg said:
    One of my servers with them in CC Buffalo was down for a bit this morning.

Unrelated issue as well. I do not see any downtimes in Buffalo. Was this a dedicated server? Our panel(s) were down for a while due to maintenance which may have shown the wrong status for a service.

Otherwise in this case I would recommend opening a ticket so one of our system administrators can take a look.

@virmach it was down. No ping, no ssh, no life. I opened a ticket but about 2 hours later came back up.

But that being said @virmach your service and customer service has always been solid. So no worries. It very well could have been a freak accident or something.

Thanked by 1VirMach