Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach purchase experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach purchase experience

edited May 2017 in Reviews

I used my new prepaid CC to purchase from virmach about a month ago. Due to their security alert, I was refunded. I have just discovered that my prepaid CC was almost used up (from fast food shops across the country). I used this new card in one place, virmach only! Their payment process might be compromised.

Buyer beware!

Comments

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

I would call your prepaid card issuer and speak to them about this, also get a transaction history as well and look where it was spent.

• Wat

Thanked by 1nulldev
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ethancedrik said:
    I could call your prepaid card issuer and speak to them about this, also get a transaction history as well and look where it was spent.

Sounds like a plan. Please go ahead and share the results with us.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

brueggus said: Sounds like a plan. Please go ahead and share the results with us.

Sorry, meant to type "would"*

that is pretty funny though reading back over what I said

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Really? I've had services with @Virmach for a while now and have never had any form of fraudulent activity on my accounts. You may want to check with the card company.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • I think your computer were infected by malware and it record your cc

• @greattomeatyou Probably had a card with a monthly fee. Provide transaction history or it's your fault.

• dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
    edited May 2017

dumb question If you buy using paypal or using stripe processor I thought they dont get your credit numbers directly so they couldn't buy anything from a real place? are you sure it isnt something else.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

You sure your missus didn't just stop at maccas before and after work for a few weeks?

• @doghouch said:
    @greattomeatyou Probably had a card with a monthly fee. Provide transaction history or it's your fault.

Having the credit card company go and buy fast food with your card is definitely a unique way of charging a fee.

Thanked by 1doghouch

I highly doubt Virmach has anything to do with that.

If you haven't authorized these transactions, call your card company. Some (all?) credit cards have some kind of insurance, so you'll likely get your money back.

• noamannoaman Member

Well...thats a pretty big allegation against a hosting company

• HxxxHxxx Member

Open a Paypal add your prepaid card. Never use a CC directly if the provider is from LET.

• @jamespeach said:

@doghouch said:
    @greattomeatyou Probably had a card with a monthly fee. Provide transaction history or it's your fault.

Having the credit card company go and buy fast food with your card is definitely a unique way of charging a fee.

Like others have said, I highly doubt Virmach would replicate your card just to get fast food.

• sarahsarah Member

I got an invoice as well. I haven't used them for months. Any idea how to deal with this? Just ignore them?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling. I'll respond to this as soon as I finish my lunch.

sarah said: I got an invoice as well. I haven't used them for months. Any idea how to deal with this? Just ignore them?

This is a separate issue. It just means that you never cancelled your service so our system is sending you reminders to pay to continue your service. I'd recommending clicking the cancel button as that will notify our system you want to cancel the service, so our system will no longer bother you.

greattomeetyou said: I used my new prepaid CC to purchase from virmach about a month ago. Due to their security alert, I was refunded. I have just discovered that my prepaid CC was almost used up

I assume you purchased the prepaid card from a less than reputable seller? If your order was cancelled/refunded, sounds like our fraud system or one of our team members saw something fishy in the first place.

We use Stripe for card processing, and we do not store card numbers on our system.

• @VirMach said:
    Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling. I'll respond to this as soon as I finish my lunch.

I've legit spat my drink out laughing. Well played my friend

• sibapersibaper Member

this company is one man show?

ignoring client ticket, show off his dinner and said I'll reply later

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sibaper said:

@VirMach is surely not a one man show.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Virmach is bigger than AWS

Thanked by 2Yura imok
  • @sibaper said:

what do you mean? that is sarcasm bro :v

Thanked by 1deadbeef

VirMach said: Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling. I'll respond to this as soon as I finish my lunch.

Are you on vacation in Austria?

• didtavdidtav Member

@sibaper said:

And he use his client's money for traveling around the world :v

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt