Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for mirrors, high BW - low resources - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for mirrors, high BW - low resources

13»

Comments

• I will soon buy this plan from Fliphost once the website I'm developing is ready. Since I also need a EU location do you of any hosts that offer similar specs with unmetered BW?

• @Fliphost said:
    sandro
    256MB RAM

50GB Disk

30TB Bandwidth

Dallas tx

It OpenVZ or KVM?

• @alvaro said:
    It OpenVZ or KVM?

I saw now that someone else has already asked and was answered.

• @Fliphost Is this just for storage, or can I use one of those boxes for other purposes? E.g., hosting a shoutcast radio (no cpu load at all, no mem load, no processing of audio, just streaming) and BW around 2-3TB p.m.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr you can use it for other purposes

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • @Fliphost I'm trying to grab one box but I'm getting "Invalid input condition" when I login to my account and try to pay with paypal. The error address is https://sales.fliphost.net/cart.php?a=checkout (try to grab a 6month 50GB unl B/W box) from this address https://sales.fliphost.net/cart.php?gid=8

• OK, there were invoice(s) although your site was provided errors. Look at my ticket, please! Thnks

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr should be fixed up

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited December 2013

Our plans are designed for high bandwidth, but have a decent amount of HD space as a bonus. Currently we're running a sale on LET for 25% off. The promo plans start at $0.90/m with 500GB BW.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18874/massnodes-boston-ma-vps-starting-at-2-44-xmass-sale-25-off-all

• If 50 GB is enough you could use mega.co.nz for free.

• sandrosandro Member
    edited May 2014

Sorry to revive this old thread but I see no point on opening a new one asking for the "same thing".

In the latest months (I don't know if they've existed for longer periods) I read about VPSes that offer similar specs (sometimes even unmetered 1Gbps bandwidth) for a price for obvious reasons no way close to fliphost's $20 deal (which is out of stock unfortunately).
    For instance the famous kimsufi 500GB 100Mbit unmetered or ReThinkVPS 1Gbit unmetered.
    Are those services actually reliable or are those nodes the usual slow/overloaded ones where they also throttle you or kick you out eventually? I'd like to remind readers that I don't need 2GB of RAM or high-end CPUs (128MB-1Ghz v1 should suffice) since this will only work as a mirror server, the web server and processing will be done elsewhere.

So the question is are there providers that offer unmetered data just for my needs that have actually been around doing so for quite a while? Is a new budget of $5-6/m too low?
    One another thing: I need locations in the US and Europe.

• RizRiz Member

Provided you will need little support I would say definitely check out Kimsufis smaller boxes. Their network has proven reliable for myself.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2014

MassNodes said: Our plans are designed for high bandwidth

MassNodes said: 500GB BW

That's not really much.