Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudatcost: Not so ONE TIME FEE anymore - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudatcost: Not so ONE TIME FEE anymore

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@asterisk14 said:
    Meme is stupid, no wonder they are banned in Russia!

In Soviet Amerika, meme bans you.

Thanked by 4switsys netomx Lee Pwner
  • LeviLevi Member

asterisk14 said: Meme is stupid

In this thread not meme is stupid... Accept it and carry on.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2017

@maldovia said:

It has already happened. You're too late to the party.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @brueggus said:

@maldovia said:

It has already happened. You're too late to the party.

is that right?

• saf31saf31 Member

Robocop everywhere :) I love LET .

• ucxoucxo Member

I … I don't think I can cop with this…

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2017

At one point CloudatCost was giving away servers for FREE or as low as $3.50 for life for 512MB, wow, just wow!

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited May 2017

• loydloyd Member
    edited June 2017

I agree this will clear out some people, so not a bad move.

However, shady marketing practice. Wonder how many will file antitrust complaint with Competition Bureau because however you look at it, it is good old bait & switch.

Also if CB compares volumes of products sold at "bargain" and "regular" price, they might find "False or misleading ordinary selling price representations" http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00522.html

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@loyd said:

However, quite shady marketing practice. Wonder how many will file an antitrust complaint with Competition Bureau because however you look at it, it is basically good old bait & switch.

No-one, because they realise it's not worth wasting the time for the sake of $9?

• defaultdefault Veteran

So now Cloud At Cost demands 9$ per year for a crap service... they've got to be kidding.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Until today I did not know a company could ask money to give you access on operating systems, like Ubuntu 16.04, Debian 8.8, and CentOS 6.9. Cloud At Cost wants you to pay 20$ if you want those.

https://members.cloudatcost.com/order.php?step=0&productGroup=18

Thanked by 3cassa netomx bap
  • loydloyd Member

@Nekki said:

@loyd said:

However, quite shady marketing practice. Wonder how many will file an antitrust complaint with Competition Bureau because however you look at it, it is basically good old bait & switch.

No-one, because they realise it's not worth wasting the time for the sake of $9?

Never gets old when someone spending half their productive time on discussion forums patronizes about wasting time ;)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@loyd said:

@Nekki said:

@loyd said:

Never gets old when someone spending half their productive time on discussion forums patronizes about wasting time ;)

Except, you smart-arse twat, this is my leisure time, and I'm enjoying myself, so it's in no-way a waste of my time.

Thanked by 2rm_ netomx
  • loyd said: Also if CB compares volumes of products sold at "bargain" and "regular" price, they might find "False or misleading ordinary selling price representations"

Should not matter in the end, it's an LLC - will be closed, maybe, but the owners are barely liable if at all.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am not sure which amuses me more.

1. A person actually bought 7 bucks lifetime VPS. <- I am not too amused. I could buy one, too, for the fun of it.

2. This person was dumb enough to actually believe that it would last lifetime.

3. This person was naive enough to make a complaint thread on LET of all places.

Thanked by 2Chocoweb M66B
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

I mean if they want their product to be less bad, they're obviously taking the right action. I know for a fact that most vocal LET members would prefer companies that make bad decisions to stick to their bad decisions until the company is wrapped up neatly in it's grave. If they actually desire to stay around for a long time, this is the clear right decision from a technical point of view, to cleanup nodes and offer a technically sustainable service.

False advertising is definitely a solid complaint, but coming forward to accuse them of it also makes someone a bit of a joke IMO. To know so very little about it, while purchasing that kind of product, and openly declare that they had expectations of a lifetime VPS for those prices... well I wouldn't want to be that person stepping forward.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • defaultdefault Veteran

• sinsin Member

jarland said: I'm not sure the reputation can be any more damaged anyway

...and people keep buying them =/ sigh

• cassacassa Member

kek

• NANONANO Member

I totally forgot about my CloudPRO 3 plan there! I just remember with this thread, thanks! xD

• gianggiang Veteran

@cassa said:
    kek

My services are ok, so I have to pay $9 USD :(