Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS providers for Asia? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS providers for Asia?

2»

Comments

• 5aimiku5aimiku Member
    edited May 2017

@pluush said:

@5aimiku said:

@pluush said:

@5aimiku said:
    student?may be the best choice is to buy shadowsocks service considering your budget is not adequate and requirement is a bit high. if you cannot find any satisfactory service. you can think about my ss service.

I do run a ss service but from Italy. I pay €1/mo for the service (1GB RAM, 1T BW). I also use it to host some file sharing site, and to my surprise it works surprisingly well albeit being very cheap. It has been up for 3d 18:28, last downtime being reboot initiated from my side. I also get 70MB/s throughput wget-ing to Vultr's France speedtest server. Sad thing is pings are inadequate for proxy use.

Because Vultr can actually fulfill all my requirements for $2.5 (or $5 because I heard their $2.5 packages are out of stock), I think my budget is enough? I just don't want to get into billing agreements.

I could use some ss service when I can't get any good VPS though. Maybe I can continue to host my sites on Aruba. Where do you live and where is your VPS server? Is the route good to China?

Thanks for replying!

off course china-friendly, if you want you own vps and consider you live in heilongjiang provice ,may be some russian vps is your choice.but good connection means high price.i suppose it is the Khabarovsk that you can focus on

No - my ISP CM routes International bandwidth thru GD. My ISP CERNET pings 400+ms to Russian Far East speedtest servers. Even the servers in Far East are closer to me than the ones in Beijing but the ping is ridiculous.

@William said:

5aimiku said: if you want you own vps and consider you live in heilongjiang provice ,may be some russian vps is your choice

He uses CM. CM has no RU link.

Even CERNET does not seem to have RU link.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'm giving a shot to OneProvider. They do not seem to have Tokyo option on their $5 plan available. I think I also have seen someone mention their $5 plan not being available for quite some time in JP. I have been trying to set the server up in HK too but I get 'Unexpected Error'. Since they ask to pay before I'm able to even see the selection for the servers, I paid. I'm contacting support and see how it goes from there, asking both plans available in JP and why an error when setting up in HK.

@rm_ Thanks for your reply and your page at http://romanrm.net/vps/japan. It has been helpful for me to do tracerts to providers – ConoHa's peering looks quite decent from both my ISPs. but after looking for a while I am afraid I could not register for the ¥630 plan for English customers - minimum is ¥900 in the English server selection page. I did not pay after registering and after quitting and logging in they presented me with that page (where I saw the plans) but with a popup telling me to go back to recharging. I have tried logging in from their Japanese page – but it always redirects me to the English page for order processing and I think I can't find any language change option mid-setup to see the offer for Japanese users. This cost constraint has made me just go try OneProvider for the time being.

Probably should have registered using the Japanese language all the way since they'll accept PayPal in JPY too, and they do state their ¥630 offer in the Japanese version of the front page. I cannot change the language now - maybe I'll register another account with them if I really want to try making the cheap one later. Since OneProvider has not been offering Japan in the $5 plan for quite some time, can you update the prices in your page?

Thanks again, everyone!

heilongjiang CM, a famous bad ISP, hahaha. maybe he sould go beijing, then go RU

• pluushpluush Member
    edited May 2017

(Sorry if this bumps but IIRC >24h threads are not bumped by new replies)

To keep this thread updated, I decided to go with OneProvider. The 3day server delivery seems to be for dedicated servers only. VPSes can straightly go and create their VMs within few seconds after payment.
    I contacted their support, their support was responsive enough but they replied me with

I am afraid that our plan 01 availability in Asia are only based on limited quantities, hence it is currently not possible to deploy a plan 01 in Asia at this time. In that case, you will need to upgrade the plan to a plan 02 or higher to be able to benefit from our Asia location. If this is not an option, simply let us know and we will be able to refund the pending order.

I decided to just forget about it and spin the Singapore VPS. They seem to be using Leaseweb. ASN is AS59253. I have not been with it long enough so I can't say anything about it really.
    Because I didn't have test IPs to play with, I couldn't know the performance of their servers long-term. So far, peering to CM HLJ is good (~130ms). Peering to CERNET (and probably CN2 too) is bad, pings can go as high as 300ms. I expected this.

Also, it seems like you're able to reinstall freely, delete the machine mid-service and resetup the plan to move to another location, basically paying for the Plan package first and initiate/modify the instance freely unlike Aruba where you basically pay for (when you create) the VM instance. IMO it's better this way. So, from what they say, you need Plan 02 (which is $10, 2TB) to host in JP. My peering to their JP server using CERNET wasn't so good anyway so yeah. I'll decide what to do with this VM when it ends its' cycle (next month).

This is my test from their server

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 3492.066 MHz
    Memory          : 490 MB
    Swap            : 1023 MB
    Uptime          : 3:39,

OS              : CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64
    Hostname        : ***

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 103.208.85.***

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        14.6MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          5.14MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       5.24MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.63MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       6.81MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       4.65MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          15.4MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       101MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         4.87MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        6.86MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 180 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 254 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 226 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 220 MB/s

For comparison this is my €1 Aruba

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650L v4 @ 1.70GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 1699.998 MHz
    Memory          : 996 MB
    Swap            : 1983 MB
    Uptime          : 5 days, 11:06,

OS              : CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-696.1.1.el6.x86_64
    Hostname        : ***

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 217.61.14.***

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        66.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          13.4MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       11.3MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       10.6MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       9.23MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       15.4MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          220KB/s

... forget about SG. Slower than Japan.

So, yeah, OneProvider SG's network seems to be the better one overall out of the two. Sad that IPv6 cannot be enabled like in Arubacloud.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @pluush said:

@dediserve said:
    We're in SIngapore, Jakarta and Hong Kong (and more to come) as well as Sydney, AU

Whoa - your plans seem to be aimed for business/organization/enterprise users when the minimum RAM is 2G. They are of course out of my budget :( Anyway, thanks for coming by!

Here is alink to our LET Server: Direct Cart Link https://manage.dediserve.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=375

• pluushpluush Member

@dediserve said:

@pluush said:

@dediserve said:
    We're in SIngapore, Jakarta and Hong Kong (and more to come) as well as Sydney, AU

Whoa - your plans seem to be aimed for business/organization/enterprise users when the minimum RAM is 2G. They are of course out of my budget :( Anyway, thanks for coming by!

Here is alink to our LET Server: Direct Cart Link https://manage.dediserve.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=375

Whoa I didn't know there was a special VPS package for LET users. Can you provide me with some Looking Glass or Test IPs especially for HK and SG? I do not seem to be able to find it on your site (your site's LG is to Dublin, Ireland)

Thanks for the offer!

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • http://lg.dediserve.com - just click the Pins to explore the world

• If you just need to host your site and serve as a download proxy, vultr can meet all your needs.

But given that you have such a high demand for ping, I guess you want to act as a game proxy.

$5/month is not enough to pay for it.