Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with direct connection to China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with direct connection to China

ServerServer Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking for a VPS with direct connection to China (i.e CN2). It will be use for private ShadowSocks during my trip.

Requirement:

512MB RAM

200GB Transfer

1 IPv4

Location: Does not matter as long as it has low latency to China (< 200 ms)

Budget: <$15/Month.

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member

maybe @randvegeta can sort you out

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • LeonnLeonn Member

512gb ram?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

We offer direct CN2 vps with <200ms

https://manage.hostdare.com/cart.php?gid=15

Thanked by 1Server
  • Alibaba Cloud

• admsamadmsam Member

Good price. we have Singapore vps with PCCW direct route, but we do not have CN2.

• admsamadmsam Member

We do have VPS with CN2 at los angeles, you may visit our website to have a look

Thanked by 1Server
  • @hostdare said:
    We offer direct CN2 vps with <200ms

https://manage.hostdare.com/cart.php?gid=15

Can you PM me the looking glass URL? Prefer both "Premium China Optimized VPS" and "Asian Optimized VPS".

• 2gouzi2gouzi Member
    edited May 2017

Alibaba、Zenlayer、CERA、sharktech、hostspaces、Enzu、DCS、pegtech、psychz、QuadraNet、MC、c3 and more……

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

TheOnlyDK said: Can you PM me the looking glass URL? Prefer both "Premium China Optimized VPS" and "Asian Optimized VPS".

We do not keep looking glass . But we can provide you 1 hour trial vps in each locations .

email [email protected]

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@Server said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for a VPS with direct connection to China (i.e CN2). It will be use for private ShadowSocks during my trip.

Requirement:

512MB RAM

200GB Transfer

1 IPv4

Location: Does not matter as long as it has low latency to China (< 200 ms)

Budget: <$15/Month.

We can sort you out.

HK Location
    Direct China Route
    512MB RAM
    10GB HDD
    200GB Data Transfer
    100Mbit Port (Reserve the right to cap to 10Mbit)

US$15/m

• You have to figure out which ISP you will be using in China first,CN2 is crap for China Mobile & China Unicom .

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@maoyipeng said:
    You have to figure out which ISP you will be using in China first,CN2 is crap for China Mobile & China Unicom .

OP already suggestes he wanted CN2 presumably because its good enough for his needs. But China Unicom isnt so expensive compared to Telecom.

• ServerServer Member

@maoyipeng said:
    You have to figure out which ISP you will be using in China first,CN2 is crap for China Mobile & China Unicom .

May I know which is good for "China Mobile"?

• maoyipengmaoyipeng Member
    edited May 2017

Hong Kong: dediserve,or any provider with HKIX peering

Singapore: Leaseweb

@Server said:

@maoyipeng said:

May I know which is good for "China Mobile"?

Thanked by 1Server
  • yorkyork Member
    edited May 2017

If you use China Mobile only,then vultr Tokyo/SGP , DigitalOcean SGP would be fast enough(20Mbps at least).CM has the best international network for its mass users and almost any VPS in Asia-Pacific area would not be slow. DO SGP has peered with CM directly.

BTW,CM often has a bad connection with CN2 things in many places(even not accessable). DGChost.net SGP has a good network with three ISPs in CN(with BBR installed).

Thanked by 1Server
  • WilliamWilliam Member

Server said: May I know which is good for "China Mobile"?

CM is open peering over certain size and rarely any issue.

• ServerServer Member

@york said:
    If you use China Mobile only,then vultr Tokyo/SGP , DigitalOcean SGP would be fast enough(20Mbps at least).CM has the best international network for its mass users and almost any VPS in Asia-Pacific area would not be slow. DO SGP has peered with CM directly.

BTW,CM often has a bad connection with CN2 things in many places(even not accessable). DGChost.net SGP has a good network with three ISPs in CN(with BBR installed).

It seems that many have bad experiences for CN2 with CM.

It would be great if DO works well with CM, does anyone else has such positive experience?

@William said:

Server said: May I know which is good for "China Mobile"?

CM is open peering over certain size and rarely any issue.

Did you mean CM will have no issues with CN2?

• Server said: It would be great if DO works well with CM, does anyone else has such positive experience?

DigitalOcean SG used to peer directly with ChinaMobile, and if you have a SG droplet created several months ago, it still peers directly now; however, newly created SG droplets won't peer directly with ChinaMobile any more.

Leaseweb SG, though a bit costly, does peer directly with ChinaMobile.

• Server said: Did you mean CM will have no issues with CN2?

CN2 to CM works, but is a waste of money as you pay the same price as to CU and CT.

• ServerServer Member
    edited June 2017

@dedipromo said:
    DigitalOcean SG used to peer directly with ChinaMobile, and if you have a SG droplet created several months ago, it still peers directly now; however, newly created SG droplets won't peer directly with ChinaMobile any more.

Can someone confirm this? It would be really pity as I had a few of these droplets from several months ago.

@William said:

Server said: Did you mean CM will have no issues with CN2?

CN2 to CM works, but is a waste of money as you pay the same price as to CU and CT.

>

Sorry, I don't get what you meant by paying the same price to CU and CT.

Is there anyway for me to run a network speedtest from my VPS to CM? Can't seems to find a script which does it.

• Server said: Is there anyway for me to run a network speedtest from my VPS to CM?

http://www.ipip.net/traceroute.php This website allows you to trace route between China Mobile nodes and your VPS in either direction. Be sure to use some translation service if you are not familiar with Chinese in order not to confuse the nodes.

Thanked by 1Server
  • ServerServer Member
    edited June 2017

@dedipromo said:

Server said: Is there anyway for me to run a network speedtest from my VPS to CM?

http://www.ipip.net/traceroute.php This website allows you to trace route between China Mobile nodes and your VPS in either direction. Be sure to use some translation service if you are not familiar with Chinese in order not to confuse the nodes.

I don't see any ChinaMobile node on the website.

• Server said: Sorry, I don't get what you meant by paying the same price to CU and CT.

If you have CN2 you pay CN2. Regardless if your traffic goes to CT, CU or CM. CN2 is very expensive, CM can be got cheaper, thus it is a waste of money for CM usage.

• @Server said:

@dedipromo said:

Server said: Is there anyway for me to run a network speedtest from my VPS to CM?

I don't see any ChinaMobile node on the website.

There are. In case you are not able to find them, try this website https://status.91yun.org/china-mobile/ and https://status.91yun.org/china-mobile2/ not so many nodes but still worth a look.

• dedipromo said: not so many nodes but still worth a look

He wants to trace TO CM, not FROM CM.

• That's where you can see your area