Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OK to Solicit Paid Help to Fix a Problem?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OK to Solicit Paid Help to Fix a Problem?

I've had a look at the community rules and don't see anything specifically against this, but I like LET a lot, and don't want to get in trouble. I'd like to be able to offer to pay for help when I have a particular problem with my websites that I think someone here might be able to fix. E.g. I am currently having a problem with Piwik. Is that OK?

PS. I would be offering to pay because the problems are not some simple setting but more a troubleshooting type problem. That takes time and I don't expect extended help for free just because I post a help thread. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Also, I know could post on Freelancer and do for certain types of needs. But I have a sense for specific problems, some one here on LET might be the best person.

Comments

• irmirm Member

100% fine IMO.

I've had help from tons of people on here both free and paid and have even paid @black to write me a couple of scripts in the past.

Just do your research and make sure you know **exactly **who you're dealing with. I've noticed there seems to be a lot of uh... people from a certain region on here who claim they're capable of doing whatever it is you're looking for but once they've been paid seem to be utter shit.

Stick with recognized members who are active and have a solid post history so you can gauge their skill level.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • @irm said:
    100% fine IMO.

I've had help from tons of people on here both free and paid and have even paid @black to write me a couple of scripts in the past.

Just do your research and make sure you know **exactly **who you're dealing with. I've noticed there seems to be a lot of uh... people from a certain region on here who claim they're capable of doing whatever it is you're looking for but once they've been paid seem to be utter shit.

Stick with recognized members who are active and have a solid post history so you can gauge their skill level.

Are you referring to the script kiddies that offer Fiverr work?