Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Colocation in Switzerland
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Colocation in Switzerland

FullDISKFullDISK Member
edited May 2017 in General

Hi guys,

You guys can suggest me a good datacenter provider in Switzerland for my requeriments?

• Full Rack / Half Rack
  • 1Gbps @ 10Gbps Port
  • 16 A
  • Remote Hands

Budget 1.200EUR

Hope you can help me

regards

Comments

• @William knows his stuff. He could have a recommendation or two

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

Not realistic pricing.

16A @ 220V = 2570 kwh, 1 kwh in CH = ~20c (EUR, with cooling), thus 2570 * 0.20 = 520EUR alone.

1Gbit BW is even at the cheapest mix (HE, Cogent, SwissIX) at least 500EUR. 10G Burstable is at least 50% more. 1G on 10G (eg. Retn) is 1000EUR+.

200EUR is not enough money for a full rack, nowhere in CH.

No one does 16A on a half rack, nightmare to cool.

Nine has 2000W (~9A, which is around usual max for many colos, eg. colozüri) and 1Gbit + full rack at 1600 CHF/month, which are ~1300-1400EUR and one of the (if not anyway the) cheapest options in CH.

https://www.nine.ch/en/datacenter/colocation/

As you seem also not Swiss (else why EUR) - keep in mind that you pay VAT on any imports from EU unless you buy in Switzerland/Liechtenstein local. CH is not EU customs area.

• FullDISKFullDISK Member
    edited May 2017

@William said:
    As you seem also not Swiss (else why EUR) - keep in mind that you pay VAT on any imports from EU unless you buy in Switzerland/Liechtenstein local. CH is not EU customs area.

Yes, my company is registered in Europe with VAT Number, you mean that I will to pay VAT ? Even if I have a VAT number? its strange :S

• ButtersButters Member
    Thanked by 1FullDISK
  • WilliamWilliam Member

FullDISK said: Yes, my company is registered in Europe with VAT Number, you mean that I will to pay VAT ? Even if I have a VAT number? its strange :S

Switzerland is not EU. You do not pay VAT on colo/BW, you however pay import tax - it is the same as Norway in that context. Your VAT ID does not matter in any way.

Thanked by 1FullDISK