Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To streem videos / download files with High speed Using VPS Or VPN ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How To streem videos / download files with High speed Using VPS Or VPN ?

AkieeAkiee Member

Hello there,

I want to stream Youtube videos and Other online videos with out any lag and download other stuffs with high speed . I am From India I have Broadband connection which really suck in india internet connection speed is very poor am getting 512kbps for Browsing :( . Recently I use a windows VPS its downloading speed is very fast but its very make lag watching videos .. (lag means not downloading speed its act like old pc .. videos are shows like picture by picture) is any other way to get speed net using VPS or VPN (am not familiar with vps and vpn)

Thank you .

Comments

• You cant increase your download speed using a VPN ,It depends on your actual download speed

• AkieeAkiee Member
    edited June 2013

@rahulks said:
    You cant increase your download speed using a VPN ,It depends on your actual download speed

oh is it ? so any way to watch videos in VPS with out lag?

• @Akiee said:

Download the video to your computer and play it from there.

• @Akiee said:

Upgrading the connection is the only.I bet you are on BSNL

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

You can download the video from youtube to your VPS using "youtube-dl", and then download it from VPS to your computer using aria2c in 16-32 parallel streams. Could be faster than trying to watch video directly on youtube. But it's not a realtime process and perhaps worth bothering with only for longer videos (like 30-60 mins). Set the video to download, go away do something else, 30 minutes later the video is ready for you to watch locally, without buffering etc.

• @rm_ said:
    You can download the video from youtube to your VPS using "youtube-dl", and then download it from VPS to your computer using aria2c in 16-32 parallel streams. Could be faster than trying to watch video directly on youtube. But it's not a realtime process and perhaps worth bothering with only for longer videos (like 30-60 mins). Set the video to download, go away do something else, 30 minutes later the video is ready for you to watch locally, without buffering etc.

Or use IDM ... ;)

• You could get a high speed USB internet connection. I use MTS Mblaze and Idea 3G.

• The bandwidth/speed of the pipe you use to connect to the internet is the final speed you will get no matter how you route your connection after that...