Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reputable Russian VPS Providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reputable Russian VPS Providers?

2»

Comments

• gkzgkz Member

we needed to chill now

Thanked by 1jiggawatt
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

Just want to say that I genuinely respect @rm_ 's intelligence and knowledge, even if I think he gets a bit defensive about his country. He has put his mind and heart into free software and that has liberated us all.

I don't know anything about @Yura though. Probably a good guy but anything positive I might say about him would just be obvious B.S.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jiggawattz said: You and @Yura got upset

jiggawattz said: gets a bit defensive about his country.

It feels to me that you read not what was written, but what your imagination wants to read, to find itself in the middle of some sort of a heated political discussion (because it is bored, or something).

jiggawattz said: I genuinely respect @rm_

Thanks anyway.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

To be clear when I was saying SITUATED in russia I was looking for a company with their Headquarters​ in Russia (under russian jurisdiction). Thus only russian providers apply.

Anyway I checked back with Veesp and they seem to exactly offer what I was looking for (inquired their support which replied in a 15minute frame):

"Our data center is located in Russia and we follow Russian law.
    If we receive an abuse message from the local department on a one of your servers, we will send you a request to resolve the issue in 24 hours."

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

I'm with vstoike now since some years and would gladly recommend them without any hesitation. Very little downtime, excellent and friendly support plus all around nice reliable kvm vps.

About the worst I could complain about is that, Pardon me, dumb new name veesp.

I love Russia and the Russians and vstoike.ru was just a perfect name in my opinion.

God bless Russia and the Russians.

Thanked by 3Ympker Ole_Juul Veesp
  • rm_ said: It feels to me that you read not what was written, but what your imagination wants to read, to find itself in the middle of some sort of a heated political discussion (because it is bored, or something).

I must lack imagination - I still don't see how recommending something that meets @Ympker 's criteria could be construed as trolling.

Ympker said: Anyway I checked back with Veesp and they seem to exactly offer what I was looking for

Actually, Veesp is incorporated in Latvia:

https://veesp.com/en/terms

SIA "Veesp" is acting under Latvian Republic legislation (a member of European Union), meanwhile Veesp platform is built on infrastructure of OOO "Fishnet Communications" data center, current only location of the platform, located in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, which is regulated by Russian Federation legislation, meaning that all the information processed within Veesp has to meet Russian Federation legal requirements.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

@jiggawattz said:

rm_ said: It feels to me that you read not what was written, but what your imagination wants to read, to find itself in the middle of some sort of a heated political discussion (because it is bored, or something).

I must lack imagination - I still don't see how recommending something that meets @Ympker 's criteria could be construed as trolling.

Ympker said: Anyway I checked back with Veesp and they seem to exactly offer what I was looking for

Actually, Veesp is incorporated in Latvia:

https://veesp.com/en/terms

SIA "Veesp" is acting under Latvian Republic legislation (a member of European Union), meanwhile Veesp platform is built on infrastructure of OOO "Fishnet Communications" data center, current only location of the platform, located in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, which is regulated by Russian Federation legislation, meaning that all the information processed within Veesp has to meet Russian Federation legal requirements.

Just read their reply again and indeed only their DC is in Russia. But still seems to be okay for what I was trying to get as I have queried them for a reply regarding my case :-)

• Ympker said: Just read their reply again and indeed only their DC is in Russia. But still seems to be okay for what I was trying to get as I have queried them for a reply regarding my case :-)

Sounds good - I was pointing it out for the benefit of @Yura and @rm_ who are having some front-brain reactions to what is/what is not considered "situated" in RU.

Thanked by 1Ympker

jiggawattz said: I must lack imagination - I still don't see how recommending something that meets @Ympker 's criteria could be construed as trolling.

Re-check who said that you were trolling, and whom you start to accuse of

jiggawattz said: having some front-brain reactions

Also didn't you just say you have some respect, because the above doesn't sound respectful or polite at all.

And generally, would you just kindly stop going on and on about this already? You may or may not have been trolling, but you definitely ARE trolling now. Turned the entire thread into your own one man show of an insulted "polite" Byeloruss.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

rm_ said: Re-check who said that you were trolling, and whom you start to accuse of

Hello...

rm_ said: It feels to me that you read not what was written, but what your imagination wants to read, to find itself in the middle of some sort of a heated political discussion (because it is bored, or something).

Is this not the textbook definition of trolling?

the above doesn't sound respectful or polite at all.

I do have respect. I also think you are over-reacting a little, something that smart knowledgeable honest people (like yourself) and stupid dumbasses both do sometimes.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited May 2017

@jtk said:

The following I don't believe are based in Russia, but do have VMs available there:

I've had a VPS with Xhostfire and would recommend them.

There's also a Russian based host DostupHost which I believe is offering only one location — in Vladivostok, though I haven't used any of their services, so cannot really comment.

https://www.dostuphost.ru/vds

Thanked by 1deployvm
  • I can only vouch for veesp (vstoike) providing me with an anazing and stable black friday deal KVM. No downtimes from their side, beside few minutes (1-5) every month (network ping).

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • mik997mik997 Member

+1 same experience with a vstoike VPS - stable & reliable provider

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • JonesJones Member

@teamacc said:
    What about myvps.ru? They appear to (re)sell netbreeze.ru vpsses, but with different packages/pricing. They've been stable for me for a few years now, aside from some ddos impacting their infra for 24h or so a few months back.

myvps.ru

Are there any discount coupons available?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Hello,
    I managed to list out all the providers mentioned in this thread on https://www.exoticvm.com

Thanks everyone for sharing their input.

Note:Sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Arty_KArty_K Member

@rm_ said:
    Avoid those who use "BillManager" (this crap) or still use the term "VDS" (the latter somehow happens to be a black mark, a sign of the product being insanely oversold OpenVZ with weird restrictions and poor support).

The link you've provided leads us to provider who uses BILLmanager 4, which is a VERY outdated version (BILLmanager 6 is expected autumn) and comes from early 2000.

If TS is still looling for a reputable provider for VPS he may check:

https://cloudlite.ru/en (subbrand of Dataline) for VMware VPS
    or
    ruvds.ru for Hyper-V VPS

• BlaZe said: Hello, I managed to list out all the providers mentioned in this thread

Looking great, and convenient. However Russia is not in Europe. lol

edited May 2017

Ole_Juul said: However Russia is not in Europe

Russia is always listed under "Europe" (in selections such as this one), and with everyone doing that, your comment looks more like pointless trolling. Europe ends at Ural Mountains though, so when listing providers based in Eastern Russia, those should be marked as Asia, yes.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • bersybersy Member
    edited May 2017

Arty_K said: https://cloudlite.ru/en (subbrand of Dataline)

+1 for them, there was only 10 Mbit (unmetered) when I used them last year though:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7-4830 v2 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2194.711 MHz
    Memory          : 994 MB
    Swap            : 3903 MB
    Uptime          : 1:06,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.13.0-24-generic
    Hostname        : Ubuntu

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 92.242.40.*

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        1.14MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          494KB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       1.06MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       1009KB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       1.04MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       1.11MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          1.00MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       954KB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         1.14MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        1.14MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 356 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 380 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 296 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 344 MB/s

• rm_ said: Russia is always listed under "Europe" (in selections such as this one), and with everyone doing that, your comment looks more like pointless trolling. Europe ends at Ural Mountains though, so when listing providers based in Eastern Russia, those should be marked as Asia, yes.

My apologies. I have not lived in Europe for over 50 years and we didn't think of Russia as being related then. I'm getting old.