Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wiresix/Colo@ Atlanta Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wiresix/Colo@ Atlanta Down

Comments

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

Back up here.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Everything is back online for us. We will pass along an official RFO once we have it from Colo@.

• You are kidding me, right?
    All of my vps nodes in CVPS Atalanta are still out of service.

@CVPS_Chris said:
    ChicagoVPS is now back up in Atlanta

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Webflier everything is online. If you have a problem, please open a support ticket. LET is not a support desk

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • The support ticket was created 6 hours ago.
    If you bother to have a check with your ticket queue......
    seems support service back to normal is another joke.

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Webflier everything is online. If you have a problem, please open a support ticket. LET is not a support desk

• The joke is on the kids who keep coming back to the service

• What you mean by "coming back"?

@doughmanes said:
    The joke is on the kids who keep coming back to the service

• OleaOlea Member

I opened a ticket 10 hours ago and my VPS is still down.

• Peachtree is down again.

• @webflier said:
    What you mean by "coming back"?

Hang out for a few, group therapy is on Tuesdays and Thursdays

• I honestly don't know what is wrong with you.
    But I believe you should catch up with your therapist.

@doughmanes said:
    Hang out for a few, group therapy is on Tuesdays and Thursdays

• @CVPS_Chris - My Atlanta VPS came back online last night, but its offline this morning as well. I've submitted a ticket, hopefully somebody responds soon.

• Any response from the DC as to when they can restore services?

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

The continuing, sporadic power outages at 34 Peachtree can't be healthy for any server affected =/

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

Our equipment suffered minimal damage (we lost 2 hard drives (which were part of a raid so no data lost) and that's it).

We have been online for the last few hours now, although they are still working on the power infrastructure so it could go down again anytime.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

An update has been posted on WHT from Gary with Coloat.

Currently running FSCK on one of my atl servers...

All power has been fully restored to all rows at this time. The new generation is in place and on standby presently, we will be transferring to generator power while our engineers are investigating further.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

PingdomAlert UP:
    xxxxx is UP again at 30.06.2013. 22:46:15, after 9h 59m of downtime.

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited June 2013

Edit- Sorrry it went down again. :) this is turning out to be a joke now!

@ahmiq said:
    Edit- Sorrry it went down again.

We didn't. We've been up since this morning.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

UGVPS has been down for more than 48 hours now. Started a backup process when it was up. However the process died on me in half an hour.

@UGVPS, if this continues, maybe you could switch me to Chicago (minus my data of course)?

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

@joelgm said:
    UGVPS has been down for more than 48 hours now. Started a backup process when it was up. However the process died on me in half an hour.

UGVPS, if this continues, maybe you could switch me to Chicago (minus my data of course)?

Joel and @ahmiq,

As a reminder to everyone, i don't monitor forums constantly, so the best way to get in touch with UGVPS is through a ticket :) Average response time via a ticket is under 30 minutes.

UGVPS is fully online in Atlanta for roughly the past 24 hours.. thankfully we havent noticed any further power interruptions.

I am happy to migrate you to another location, but things look good now and since day one UGVPS opened in atl, it has been stable without any massive datacenter wide problems. Colocrossing claims the 4 years they have been partnering with Colo@ the facility has ran without any incidents or downtime during those 4 years. Im not the type to jump ship right away upon the first incident, because its life. No one's perfect and it happens. I agree Colo@ could of handled this better but who knows what else they had to deal with, im sure there's a bigger picture that we as the user are not seeing or appreciating. I'm very confident that the future will be equally stable, just like the past. If I were you i'd give it another shot, but if you insist make a ticket and ill spawn your VPS in Chicago.

Thanks,

-Crystal

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

An official RFO report will be going out to all UGVPS Atlanta customers as soon as we receive it from the DC.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@UGVPS ,
    Thanks for your kind reply. the last uptime for my vps was 71+ days. for the price what i am getting is Awesome. I dont want to be switched to another location.
    I have no complains for UGVPS , i was just very much annoyed by how Colo@ has managed the matter though.
    You have always been good with your customers. And i know there is nothing you could do in this fault.
    thanks

• RyanDRyanD Member

@UGVPS said:
    -Crystal

Crystal,

That is about as accurate of a statement as anyone could make. This is in fact our first critical failure and "go dark" outage. Once we publish the full RFO the situation will be much more clear as to the severity of the events and the resulting impact. In short there were simultaneous failures on base building utility supply and generation after we failed over to the generator platform.

Both times the fail-over process operated flawlessly and the generator subsequently failed under load, both times for different issues. Both utility failure conditions were different and the second occurred during the period of us still investigating the total health of the electrical systems as we are doing component by component checks. We are still working with our electricians and power generation technicians to diagnose the actual root cause of the generator failure. For now the generator is totally offline and has been replaced with a temporary generator we've had brought in to ensure power availability. Our gen techs are working to disassemble the motor and inspect every component of the engine for damage and root cause analysis before we can publish the RFO we have to wait for that process to complete.

Thank you,

edited July 2013

@UGVPS said:
    An official RFO report will be going out to all UGVPS Atlanta customers as soon as we receive it from the DC.

Indeed we are still awaiting an RFO from Colo@ as well.

All RAM Host customers affected have been credited for a month of service.

It looks like the problems are all fixed. Been stable for 26 hours now :-)

Thanks for keeping us updated on WHT @RyanD

• Well, things occasionally don't work properly. Murphy's Law! Good to hear more about what happened.

• Ah. No wonder. UGVPS is again down!

• IshaqIshaq Member

Ugh, we're down too.