Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pageclick: Six months, 99.9% honest review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pageclick: Six months, 99.9% honest review

2»

Comments

• @dimitrisp said:
    To be 100% honest with you, no bashing intended, I have no energy to do this. I was ok with the occasional downtime, but spam or not it was unacceptable to wake up to an "account suspended" email and to the angry phonecall of the customer. Not your fault, I understand that.

It's not the money I lost from the client that went away, I don't care about that. It's an unsatisfied client that will do damage to me by saying to other prospective clients that I'm careless and I suspended him while he had barely any impact on the server and... and... and guess what: He has every right to do so!

I totally feel you, mate. And it sucks, even more, knowing that there was nothing you could have done either.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • quickquick Member
    edited May 2017

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:
    Umm, bans why? I did nothing wrong, and I can provide ticket screenshots of everything I said.

Allbad reviews about ishaqs hosting got deleted until now and it was customers "fault" everytime... According to him

What? Evidence please. I'll take it in the form of vague memories even.

Lol. You want me to provide links to deleted threads?

Anything at all. A full statement to the best of your memory. You can't just say there's deleted threads and that's it. If you're going to try to delegitimize the staff I've put in place here and expect to operate with impunity in combination with no burden of proof, you will not be around for long.

We had one issue and it has been resolved. You can joke about it and take shots, whatever floats your boat. But if you're going to make serious accusations and consider yourself to have no burden of proof, I advise you to log out or find a new community.

I am not able to restore deleted threads, nor I take notes of each drama thread. All I can remember is: there were 2 dudes, they weren't statisfied with the service.

Your staff make it look like customers fault and deleted the threads.

#onlyjarlandcanjudgeme

• LeeLee Veteran

quick said: nor I take notes of each drama thread.

I do :) the google drive button on Chrome is great for that..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

quick said: I am not able to restore deleted threads, nor I take notes of each drama thread. All I can remember is: there were 2 dudes, they weren't statisfied with the service.

Thanks, all I wanted was "to the best of your memory." I know a deleted thread can't be used as evidence, and sometimes I can't even see when a thread was deleted. Personally, however, I don't recall any bad review threads. I recall one thread that was closed for being off topic and split into another topic where mistakes were made and I corrected them, and set expectations for it to not happen moving forward. I know several threads are around about problems experienced but they're not "reviews" necessarily, and they're still there.

Your staff make it look like customers fault and deleted the threads.

I have not personally witnessed any case of this happening, and encourage anyone to reach out to me if they have any information about it happening. As it stands, I can't take action based on this report, and I would ask you to be at least respectful of @Ishaq enough to refrain from making this accusation unless you can get me some more information, however you have to obtain it. I don't mean to be unreasonable, I mean to not allow the undermining of the values of the team here unless they need to be. Much like a bad review of a host, it's often not well received without more information.

Anyone who had a thread removed about this provider, please reach out to me. I cannot consider that this has happened until someone does. We'll work toward improving the forum enough to ensure better accountability regardless.

Thanked by 1quick
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Hi,

I just read your review in full and I'm sorry that your experience was not pleasant.

@dimitrisp said: Also, the cloudlinux limits (actually, the IO usage only, and I also think the RAM) went down. The new IO usage limit was 750KB/s, while previously it was much bigger. I wasn't counting on using more IO speed, but well, I would expect a notification.

No I/O limits have been changed. They remain the same as the old server. Can you clarify where you're seeing this limit?

As for the 503 errors, we're working to stabilize things on the new server so this no longer happens. As I'm sure you can understand moving thousands of accounts will have an impact until everything is straightened out.

Regarding the missing emails, we did receive a few complaints of emails not arriving and later found it was because MailChannels blocked the domain. We are working to have a backup ESP in place for circumstances like this in the future.

I don't blame you for leaving, we're working to resolve things as soon as possible. An email will be sent out explaining this in more detail.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • dimitrispdimitrisp Member
    edited May 2017

Thank you for your reply

Ishaq said: No I/O limits have been changed. They remain the same as the old server. Can you clarify where you're seeing this limit?

On the old server, if my memory serves me right, the limit earlier this year was around 1024KB/s, and it dropped to 750KB/s. I may be wrong (that's why I'm not saying "I'm 100% correct, you suck etc etc".)

Anyway, I think this is about to take a wrong turn, as some of the others are just waiting for you to say the wrong thing considering the recent bad publicity about a post being deleted/split off and whatever.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, the only reason I wrote this review was to "help you"/"make you"/"force you" (use whatever floats yer boat better ;) ) do the right things from now on for your company.

I may come out hostile at some times but that's not my intention, there is a language barrier (English is not my native tongue as you can understand)

• priestpriest Member

I had 7 or so sites and its all suspended. I've not had the strength to go sort out the migration thing.

If I was to hammer someone, I'll hammer those silly Smarthosting dudes. I stormed off from my 1 year account after 2 months with them and didn't even bother to ask for a refund. I raised the highest number of tickets I ever raised in my life with a single provider in those 2 months.

Never knew PageClick was using them. Well I hope to sort my sites' migration later today and wish PageClick better luck on the new servers.

• I have the same experience with pageclick. The error messages alone were annoying to say the least. Moving to a new server without getting notified did it for me. The company and people behind it are great but they unfortunately picked a bad reseller to go with. Shared hosting should just work without a hassle and this hasn't been the case for a while. I moved my sites to a dedi for the moment and will check in a month or so where they're at. I'm sure they'll improve the service so if it looks half decent I'll use them again.