Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MiniPort Australian VPS with unlimited outbound - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MiniPort Australian VPS with unlimited outbound

2»

Comments

• kiwi

• NubSmooNubSmoo Member

lol it has tax?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@NubSmoo said:
    lol it has tax?

Well, yeah. It's a service provided in Australia. GST is applicable.

• NubSmooNubSmoo Member

How do you choose the QLD one

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@NubSmoo said:
    How do you choose the QLD one

QLD-IX? Both are included.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

Not bad, but there is better available,

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

Harmless plug, dont taze me bro <3

• GravelyGravely Member

@pbgben said:

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

Now hurry up and offer unmetered ;)

• IshaqIshaq Member

@pbgben said: but there is better available

Not sure, does it have unmetered outbound?

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2017

100GB BW

lol leave thread

Thanked by 1rm_
  • pbgben said: Not bad, but there is better available,

It's the transfer limit that makes this interesting, not the hardware specs.

• .> @pbgben said:

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

Very nice prices and for $5USD nobody can complain.

Wanna get into some price wars @pbgben? Let the LET users decide server specs and we see who can deliver it for the most affordable cost.

@Beaufromaus said:
    .> @pbgben said:

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

Wanna get into some price wars @pbgben? Let the LET users decide server specs and we see who can deliver it for the most affordable cost.

That sounds fun, but I would get messy.

• GravelyGravely Member

@pbgben said:

@Beaufromaus said:
    .> @pbgben said:

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

4 Cores
    4GB RAM
    Unmetered Connection
    /24 IPV4
    $5/year

:P

@Gravely said:

@pbgben said:

@Beaufromaus said:
    .> @pbgben said:

1 Core (3.5GHz+)
    10GB SSD
    100GB BW @ 1Gbits
    1 IPv4
    OVH DDOS Protection   

SYD $5 LINK

4 Cores
    4GB RAM
    Unmetered Connection
    /24 IPV4
    $5/year

:P

DEAL, where can I buy ;P

• But for real @pbgben , where are those unmetered deals?

Also, what now?

• BeaufromausBeaufromaus Member
    edited May 2017

@pbgben said:
    Also, what now?

Mine looks normal, WHMCS bug or something.

@Beaufromaus said:

@pbgben said:
    Also, what now?

Yeh, managed to have a qty = 2

• @pbgben said:

@Beaufromaus said:

@pbgben said:
    Also, what now?

did you actually get two for the price of one?

@ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:

@Beaufromaus said:

@pbgben said:
    Also, what now?

did you actually get two for the price of one?

No, it would have been one for the price of two :P

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@pbgben out of interest how come your bandwidth allowances are so low if you are reselling the OVH servers? I would have thought considering their quotas and unmetered options for the new servers in Sydney you can offer way higher quotas on those cheap plans from Sydney?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Oliver said:
    @pbgben out of interest how come your bandwidth allowances are so low if you are reselling the OVH servers? I would have thought considering their quotas and unmetered options for the new servers in Sydney you can offer way higher quotas on those cheap plans from Sydney?

They give 3TB/mo only on Sydney unless you upgrade to 100Mbps for $104~/m extra.

MikeA said: They give 3TB/mo only on Sydney unless you upgrade to 100Mbps for $104~/m extra.

Yeah I know, exactly why I am asking. :-)

edited May 2017

@Oliver said:

3TB BW limit, when I started I chose not to go with the unlimited. OVH have been less then useful with letting me upgrade to unlimited. The host, and my own usage of bandwidth leaves a specific amount for the 16IP's available and then some is kept in reserve to allow people that hit their limit to acquire more.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be critical just wondering based on some quick maths and idea about real world usage. ;-)

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • @pbgben said:

@Oliver said:

3TB BW limit, when I started I chose not to go with the unlimited. OVH have been less then useful with letting me upgrade to unlimited. The host, and my own usage of bandwidth leaves a specific amount for the 16IP's available and then some is kept in reserve to allow people that hit their limit to acquire more.

This is something I've wondered for a while, if you could get more IPs with another provider or use an IP block on a Vultr VM in their Equinix SY3 location and run GRE tunnels to the OVH host and use those as additional IPs.

This would probably work if it was done from inside the OS by a VPS customer but probably wouldn't work as assigning a VPS directly one as its main IP, I think I'll probably experiment around with that

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

You can use a block in Vultr; Vultr likely bills you for IX traffic though.

GRE/IPSec/OpenVPN back as L2 for KVM or L3 for OVZ, main IP of server stays OVH but can bind another there also.

@ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:

@Oliver said:

This is something I've wondered for a while, if you could get more IPs with another provider or use an IP block on a Vultr VM in their Equinix SY3 location and run GRE tunnels to the OVH host and use those as additional IPs.

This would probably work if it was done from inside the OS by a VPS customer but probably wouldn't work as assigning a VPS directly one as its main IP, I think I'll probably experiment around with that

Unlimited outbound via vultr :P

• BeaufromausBeaufromaus Member
    edited May 2017

Should point out that Miniport do BGP and Static IP routing so you are welcome to come and use your own IP ranges on virtual machines, colo or NBN :)

NOTE: We will not be taking any more VPS orders until the 8th of June when we are aiming to launch MiniServers on its own domain and WHMCS installation away from our ISP products.

Cheers

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @Beaufromaus said:
    Should point out that Miniport do BGP and Static IP routing so you are welcome to come and use your own IP ranges on virtual machines, colo or NBN :)

NOTE: We will not be taking any more VPS orders until the 8th of June when we are aiming to launch MiniServers on its own domain and WHMCS installation away from our ISP products.

Cheers

Please ensure to post a range of offers over here. Ideally from $2.50 to $7. Maybe a dedicated server offer or a colocation offer.