Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOPA Strike - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SOPA Strike

13»

Comments

• And? DMCA never says they should use their "system" to remove all material, they are only supposed to remove directly reported files.

Yes, Megaupload is guilty and we all know it. Those guys earned millions on piracy, they will get what they deserve, but that's not the point.

They are just making up the rules on the fly and that's the part I don't like. Those sites have been in business for years, why now? They waited for SOPA and when that failed, they suddenly realize they don't really need SOPA?

Who's next? Do you (VPS providers) think you're safe now? Undoubtedly some of your clients will use your services to distribute illegal material, when you get a complaint don't forget to scan all your nodes ...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@vedran said: Do you (VPS providers) think you're safe now?

I think we are pretty safe. When we get to the point where we are known as one of the go-to providers for sharing illegal content then we'll think differently.

• @vedran said: they suddenly realize they don't really need SOPA?

They knew this all along. I would say rather that it's a reminder to the genuine public that whether a bill gets passed or not, the control is still there.