Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server in Norway Preferably Oslo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server in Norway Preferably Oslo

Hi all I need the following server configuration:
Dual quad core,
32 gb,
1Gbps port,
2x1TB Hard drive,
KVM/IPMI/DRAC/iLO3
/28 IPS,
unlimited bandwidth (dedicated)
The IPs will be used for CDN. Can you recommend me some established and budget companies like Hetzner is for Germany and OVH for France?
Thanks!

Comments

• Pricing?

• busbrbusbr Member

The IPs will be used for CDN

You do not need a /28 block for "CDN".

• I am still researching, so I do not have an exact range, but of course I am after a low priced offer

• busbr said: You do not need a /28 block for "CDN".

We have a sizable customer who offers Cloud based DDoS protection, CDN, WAF and other IT services of this type. I am just looking for a recommendation of well know reputable company that would be able to provide me with such a server.

• noennoen Member
    edited May 2017

Terrahost.no

ServeTheWorld.no (DC in Sandefjord, not Oslo)

Nordkappnett.no

Syse.no

Host1.no

Blix.no

Softlayer.com

to name a few..

Edit:

Unlimited bandwidth? In Norway?

Thanked by 1preslavl
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Budget is How many thousands ?

• preslavlpreslavl Member
    edited May 2017

Clouvider said: Budget is How many thousands ?

You mean in Norwegian krona, right :D?

• WickedWicked Member

Norway is (one of) the most expensive country in the world. I know most of the VPN companies use ServeTheWorld, they are pretty cheap and offer lots of traffic.

Sandefjord is under 2 hours away from Oslo.

E3-1230V5, 2x240GB SSD, 50 TB traffic for $80. I'm pretty sure they are flexible when it comes to traffic and drives. https://servetheworld.net/en-us/dedicated-server/

Thanked by 1preslavl
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@preslavl said:

Clouvider said: Budget is How many thousands ?

You mean in Norwegian krona, right :D?

I mean in any currency where you can cover unlimited, dedicated bandwidth of 1Gbit/s

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

preslavl said: unlimited bandwidth (dedicated)

Will cost you in NO, at even the cheapest available provider, at least 700EUR. Without any server or colo, or IPs.

Anything less than that is oversold to fuck.

NO has no budget providers, primarily as the income level is very high and taxes (including import and VAT on hardware) are as well high.

• There won't be any equivalence like Hetzner or OVH in Norway; but if you are willing to sacrifice a bit latency, a british server might do.

• noennoen Member

@William said:

preslavl said: unlimited bandwidth (dedicated)

Will cost you in NO, at even the cheapest available provider, at least 700EUR. Without any server or colo, or IPs.

€700 is not to far off, Blix.com does dedi+unlimited (burstable) gbit ~€600 (€300 for the unlimited upgrade).

• WilliamWilliam Member

noen said: €700 is not to far off, Blix.com does dedi+unlimited (burstable) gbit ~€600 (€300 for the unlimited upgrade).

700€ is realistic albeit still lower quality yea, if i calculate my BW price up it is what i would pay for the full Gbit also.

There are higher options (Telenor....) which are not worth it, and lower quality at times (Portlane has a link to Oslo also and does some colo) cheaper but the 700-1300€ range is fair IMO.

https://www.webhuset.no/ is pretty good also, but not really cheap (Blix, Cogent, peering, Eunet).

• If price is a hard factor and you don't mind stockholm then take a look at 10gbps.io

• noennoen Member

@William said:

https://www.webhuset.no/ is pretty good also, but not really cheap (Blix, Cogent, peering, Eunet).

I always forget Webhuset have a DC in Oslo, in addition to Bergen.

If you have deep pockets, I guess you could get colo/rent a server direct from Telenor, Broadnet, Kvantel, Nexthop, TDC, Basefarm, Powertech, IP Only, etc..
    But I guess its a bit steep for the average LET member..