Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Err] [Dtf] 1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' - When I try to transfer MySQL DB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Err] [Dtf] 1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' - When I try to transfer MySQL DB

myhkenmyhken Member
edited May 2017 in General

I'm using Navicat MySQL to manage my DBs. When I try to replicate a MySQL DB from one server to my backup server, I get this error
[Err] [Dtf] 1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes With statement: INSERT INTOwp_optionsVALUES ('44302', 'jetpack_activated', '1', 'yes'), ('44303', ' [Err] [Dtf] Finished - Unsuccessfully

I have updated my php.ini files (both PHP 5 and PHP 5.6) to 400M.

I have done this on both my source server and my target server. After I updated the values, I have used /etc/init.d/mysqld restart

I have also updated my etc/my.cfg file, with this value:

Did also restart mysql after that.

But I still get this error. It has worked for years, but I have not updated this site since December. So maybe it's a update or something that have gone wrong. I'm running CentOS 6.9 with Virtualmin on this server.

I have several sites on the same server, and I only get this error on one site.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I think you have put the max_allowed_packet condition in the wrong place... its in the mysqld_safe section instead of the mysqld section... try that and let me know if that works out for you..

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member

@risharde Thank you. That solved the issue. So simple...(blush)

Thanked by 1risharde
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You can see it's current value in mysql like this:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet';

Worth knowing for the future. This would show you that the max allowed packet was not implemented in that case, could lead you straight back to the config :).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@myhken said:
    @risharde Thank you. That solved the issue. So simple...(blush)

Glad I could be of help and happy you got through. Don't worry, this sort of stuff happens to all of us at some point. Wishing you the best of luck with your website!

Thanked by 1myhken