Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in a Proxmox setup on a dedicated server ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in a Proxmox setup on a dedicated server ?

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
edited May 2017 in Providers

Hello,

Everyday i see KVM offers or people asking for KVM.

What i would like to know is could you be interested in a dedicated server delivered with proxmox ?

And if so what kind of hardware configuration would you like to have with this system ?

If anyone prefers pm me, please do so.

Proxmox setup on a dedicated server.
  1. Would you be interested in a Proxmox setup on a dedicated server ?54 votes
    1. Yes
      75.93%
    2. No
      24.07%

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

But why? Why would you want to put KVM/Proxmox on top of dedi if you are deliverying a full dedi?

• You want to offer proxmox OS on dedis?

Or you want to offer Proxmox as a service with no root access to the dedi?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@randvegeta To save time on setup or offer a turnkey solution for customers who can't setup this on their own.

@GenjiSwitchPls offer proxmox OS on dedis.

/+/ This offer would automaticaly provide dedicated ressources.
    Nb : No idea if it will be per vm right now but at least per customer.

• @Ikoula said:
    @randvegeta To save time on setup or offer a turnkey solution for customers who can't setup this on their own.

Proxmox OS as an option would be incredible. I much prefer providers that provide it rather than having to install over debian

Thanked by 2Ikoula asf
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

That's the reaction i was expecting.

• I would be appreciated when Proxmox is in the OS list of dedicated hosting. It will help customers reduce effort installing it. Recently, I must install Proxmox from IPMI or from Debian system which is a time-consuming process.

• hanoihanoi Member

Not interest. I would like stick with Ovirt Centos while Proxmox only avaiable on Debian

• What I really want is cheap dedicated server, dont care about the software because I am a type of believing myself only. I like installing/configuring/optimizing on my own. Actually, I have scripts to do the job automatically.

Thanked by 2asf goinsj2010
  • Actually what I wanna see is those Synology NAS units be 50% off for life :D they would be an amazing backup box

Thanked by 1asf
  • YuraYura Member

@windytime90 said:
    What I really want is cheap dedicated server, dont care about the software because I am a type of believing myself only. I like installing/configuring/optimizing on my own. Actually, I have scripts to do the job automatically.

Hey, have you heard of Openstack? It's cool, try it. See ya in 2 years!

• hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep

I have no interest to get my dedi server with Proxmox. I saw some providers are selling dedi server with an option to install Proxmox but older version. I would like to install configure and tweak my own. Also I want to install a version I want (older/newer) not provider's selected version.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Proxmox is good but the 3rd party modules to integrate it with WHMCS are bad/complex.

You should offer Virtualizor setup. It will save your time as well.

• @Ikoula said:

Oh I see.

Can i change my yes vote to no?

That's a bad idea due to lot of abstraction layers. OpenVZ Proxmox on the other hand is ok.

• Yura said: Hey, have you heard of Openstack? It's cool, try it. See ya in 2 years!

I dont get your point. Actually I am running a mix of openstack and proxmox for my business.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I think it's a good idea... I see you're getting a lot of responses from the provider perspective but even a developer could do with the ability to get proxmox automatically installed for his server... saving him time on the setup and I guess if it was a free service via an presetup image... free always sounds good...

Thanked by 1Ikoula