Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH/SYS BHS Canada Speed issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/SYS BHS Canada Speed issues?

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited May 2017 in General

For the last few days I've noticed unbearable slow speeds and now theres NO traffic as I moved things over to a new one since I've had this for a few years, and its 56k speeds both on my home cable connection and a Washington, DC VPS box I have. The other day it was around 512k and now its pretty much nothing!

I have checked my usage and usage is very minimum nothing out of the ordinary so I'm guessing its a route broken? my new OVH box is France pulls about 20mbps from it same goes for another box in Netherlands so its acceptable (Speeds internally are usually very fast)

Anyone else?

EDIT: Gonna bet something is up, Even now accessing the SoYouStart Website is unbearably slow to the point of over 2 min nothing has loaded Same occurs over my LTE connection as well.

Comments

• edited May 2017

OVH Canada Speed Issues?

OVH Canada.

Issues

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

nope.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2017

Everything from the East coast I've tried so far is broken. NY & DC,NC. Same problem including soyoustarts website.

This site, https://gtmetrix.com/analyze.html cant even load SoYouStart.com

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited May 2017

Maybe contact OVH support? Perhaps you've got some noisy neighbours on your rack.

• @ElliotJ said:
    Maybe contact OVH support? Perhaps you've got some noisy neighbours on your rack.

The SoYouStart website is even affected by what seems the same slow problem. OVH is not however,

• @HuntersPad said:

@ElliotJ said:

The SoYouStart website is even affected by what seems the same slow problem. OVH is not however,

Have you checked from multiple ISPs?

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@HuntersPad said:

@ElliotJ said:

Have you checked from multiple ISPs?

Yes as posted above, https://gtmetrix.com/analyze.html this test fails completely.

VA,FL,DC,NY,NC all take 30s-2m to load SoYouStart.com while it loads just fine in Europe.

Nevermind, be50-7.bhs-3a-a9.qc.ca has 10% loss and 200-300ms latency. Should be 60.

• @MikeA said:
    Nevermind, be50-7.bhs-3a-a9.qc.ca has 10% loss and 200-300ms latency. Should be 60.

Bingo! My server has been affected for several days. And then today it's a crawl same goes for the SYS site. No issues in Europe though despite the server being in NA

@HuntersPad Is your server in BHS 5? I only have one server that seems to have this problem and it's in BHS 5. BHS 1/2/3/4 don't have any issues from what I see.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2017

@MikeA BHS 2

Update: SYS site is working normally and as well as my server, page load time wise.

edited May 2017

@HuntersPad said:
    @MikeA BHS 2

Update: SYS site is working normally and as well as my server, page load time wise.

Yeah I found out it's BHS generally. Even my France servers are problematic since traffic goes through BHS. Uploading over FTP dies after 5 seconds to everything.

Edit: From other DC networks everything is fine though (i.e. over Telia is fine) but where OVH has direct peering seems to be an issue?

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • I did open a ticket, but no clue where or how that will go.

• They has recently added quite a few new 100Gbps connections between quite a few of their US POP's making the network ready for their new US DC's but at the same time more direct routes into BHS.

May be that the route some networks are taking needs to be checked and updated, if you haven't may be worth sending them some trace routes.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Ping and speed fine from this BHS KS3C

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You need to specify from where, to where, and attach actual speedtest results and traceroutes. "That website over there which does some test, it fails" does not cut it.

• @rm_ said:
    You need to specify from where, to where, and attach actual speedtest results and traceroutes. "That website over there which does some test, it fails" does not cut it.

Its already been confirmed another user also had issues.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

HuntersPad said: Its already been confirmed another user also had issues.

You are going to get nothing from OVH in your ticket if you don't do what I listed (the best you could hope for, after a few days they will reply to you asking to do the same).

Well, and I have no issues with my server at BHS, so?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

No issues with our nodes in BHS so far.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

Opening up a ticket saying "slow speed" and showing nothing will get a response in line with what @rm_ predicted. Try it!

So many times someone has opened a ticket with me saying "unblock x.x.x.x" leaving me guessing WTF they are talking about. Zero context about how they just uploaded a huge website via FTP to their DDoS-Filtered IP, that they tried logging into SolusVM using their email address, ...

• gappergapper Member

I can confirm that accessing my server (BHS2) from a country in South America is performing very slow since yesterday (May 22). Did you email them about this?

• I host a gameserver off their BHS SYS gaming line, was getting around 10 - 200ms ping spikes when playing a game. Now it's fine with a stable 10ms.

• Don't just open a ticket. Call them. I figured this out about OVH after the first day of using them.

edited May 2017

Since people are posting here again, I'm not sure if OP's issue was related to mine but one they looked into my problem and fixed it yesterday. Haven't had any speed issues or loss since. Related;
    http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=24926