Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in? Detroit Idea
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in? Detroit Idea

SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
edited June 2013 in Providers

Ram: 2GB
Bandwidth: 750GB @ 100Mbit/s
HDD Raid 10: 50GB
IPv4: 1 or 2 for about $0.50/m - $1.00 more
CPU: 2 vCPU
Virt: OpenVZ
Colo'd at our Troy, MI Location on Level(3),XO,Comcast Business
Price: Around $5/m

I should be able to offer this, I'm just trying to see how many people would be interested in it..

I would also like to note that our Detroit offerings should be getting a bandwidth increase soon, we're working on more and more deals in Detroit and we believe that we are the first provider to offer this amount of bandwidth in Detroit at a price point like this.

If your interested in it let me know, if not please say why, this will help me judge what I should do in terms of hardware and network expansions for this.

Thanked by 1mitpatterson

Comments

• YES.

I have wanted to try your Detroit location for a while but the bandwidth allocs were bordering on anorexic.

• @ihatetonyy
    Do you have a plan in Detroit you were looking at, I should be able to hook you up :)

• I'm in for one if you make this available. :D

• rds100rds100 Member

Only if they have high numbered 24/7 armed guard in and around the DC :)

• SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
    edited June 2013

@rds100

In Troy, MI I wouldn't be scared to sleep on the grass in front of the DC. You don't even need a guard, but they do have cameras, all secure doors where you need someone to let you in with a card etc. Also to get into the server room you need a card to get into that door. So you should be safe... lol Do not worry about security at all.

Thanked by 2rds100 doughmanes
  • rds100rds100 Member

@ErrantWeb i was just kidding :)

• @rds100 and everyone else
    If anyone is interested in this plan I can almost offer it right now, so let me know if your interested in a server now. I've already worked out some amazing bandwidth deals in Detroit. No robberies included.

• I would love to have one of these.

• But stolen bandwidth is the best bandwidth B-)

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited June 2013

I've been trawling around eBay for the past hour or so, and so I feel inclined to give my initial impressions as an eBay-style review: A+++++ 10/10 FAST DISK FAST BW GREAT EBAYER

(No, but seriously it's very nice)

[root@fluorescent ~]# wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2013-06-28 09:30:07--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: â/dev/nullâ

100%[======================================================================================>] 104,857,600 11.3M/s   in 8.9s

2013-06-28 09:30:16 (11.2 MB/s) - â/dev/nullâ

[root@fluorescent ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.92233 s, 136 MB/s

• @ihatetony Thanks for the great review :) Glad your enjoying the bandwidth, ErrantWeb is pretty much the only place providing this much bandwidth in Detroit.

• tuxtux Member

@ErrantWeb said:
    rds100

In Troy, MI I wouldn't be scared to sleep on the grass in front of the DC. You don't even need a guard, but they do have cameras, all secure doors where you need someone to let you in with a card etc. Also to get into the server room you need a card to get into that door. So you should be safe... lol Do not worry about security at all.

So if someone steal a card, he/she have access to DC?

• SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
    edited June 2013

@tux

Only people with racks have cards and its a very small DC. Also the single server colos are separated with a locking door that you cant get to with a card.

• hmmm.... if only i could come pet my VPS...oh wait.. its not its own box... curses.... i really need to just get a dedicated box and put it near me.....i love hardware....

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@Liam said:
    Really nice bandwidth mix, not sure why I haven't picked one up before. Can you PM a test ip errantweb?

det.errantweb.com (from his offer thread)