Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Want Offshore VPS For Torrenting! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I Want Offshore VPS For Torrenting!

2»

Comments

• bdspicebdspice Member
    edited October 2017

@Ole_Juul said:
    I use Ramnode in Seattle and New York for my offshore needs. ;)

How New York host become offshore? DMCA is an American Law and NewYork is in America. Sorry its not understable to me.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@WebProject said:
    Are you aware of that DCMA and copyrights is not the same? By torrenting copyrighted material any provider will suspend your services as it's nothing to do with DCMA!! Why I am certain about copyrighted material as normally any user who requesting "offshore" and DCMA free meaning doing something illegal on their VM.

It's become marketing BS. Users are not intelligent enough to understand it's complexity. DMCA is not a legal law in the EU, DMCA notices are still valid. From my brief understanding of the EU Copyright scenario, whilst the DMCA law does not apply, you must act upon copyright infringements once you have been made aware of them. Receiving a DMCA notice is valid awareness of copyright infringement hence you must act upon it whilst DMCA not being a valid law.

Dear OP,

If you are wanting for a location where you can download illegally pirated or other illegal content, that is not the same as offshore or DMCA free, these are purely marketing terms in this day. Your best option in my personal opinion is use OVH, they are much more flexible.

OVH dont allow copyrighted content. you should read twice there terms Then your best opinion might change :D

• quickquick Member
    edited October 2017

@bdspice said:

@Ole_Juul said:
    I use Ramnode in Seattle and New York for my offshore needs. ;)

How New York host become offshore? DMCA is an American Law and NewYork is in America. Sorry its not understable to me.

Well, if you look from Europe, it is offshore

Thanked by 2bugrakoc erkin
  • bdspice said: How New York host become offshore? DMCA is an American Law and NewYork is in America. Sorry its not understable to me.

I'm from Canada, so "America" is actually another country. :) However, I'm being sarcastic. The word offshore refers to not being on a continent or being in the water. So, I'm making fun of Americans with their often poor understanding of both geography and language. English is still a thing, right?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Ole_Juul said: English is still a thing, right?

You have no proof of this wild claim.

Thanked by 3Ole_Juul raindog308 WSS
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@Aidan said:

Ole_Juul said: English is still a thing, right?

You have no proof of this wild claim.

Just like any country, there are people who are intelligent and people whose brain cell count is questionable.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • WSSWSS Member

@doghouch said:
    Just like any country, there are people who are intelligent and people whose brain cell count is questionable.

Sometimes, both. Smarts don't mean intelligence, and intelligent doesn't always mean smart.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • I think @mikho has some storage offer.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:
    I think @mikho has some storage offer.

I do, but don’t allow torrenting. Not even legal ISOs.
    Thanks for the mention.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

yokowasis said: I think @mikho has some storage offer.

This is a necro thread... Didn't anyone notice?

mikho said: I do, but don’t allow torrenting. Not even legal ISOs.

Thanks for the mention.

Why would you not permit legal use of torrents? There is nothing sinister about the technology. Unless you are worried about all the bandwidth it would/could use.

@remis,

Did you ever find a good provider for your 100% legal torrenting needs?

@randvegeta said:

mikho said: I do, but don’t allow torrenting. Not even legal ISOs.

Thanks for the mention.

Why would you not permit legal use of torrents? There is nothing sinister about the technology. Unless you are worried about all the bandwidth it would/could use.

It's not the bandwidth that worries me, it's the disk i/o and the shared ipv4.

NAT servers are not running on top-of-the-line hardware and 1-5 torrenting users would probably be ok i/o wise. the shared ipv4 could easily be blocked if users started to use public trackers (not so legal torrents).

If you want to torrent, I suggest you get one of the deals from a provider who provide them.
    Often you get both a GUI and an ssh connection and can do pretty much what you want.

mikho said: NAT servers are not running on top-of-the-line hardware and 1-5 torrenting users would probably be ok i/o wise

Ah. Yes with shared IPs and shared disks, I can see how that might be an issue.

We mostly do dedicated servers and dedicated IPs, so it's never an issue for us.

• Try the likes of Streamza

@randvegeta said:

mikho said: NAT servers are not running on top-of-the-line hardware and 1-5 torrenting users would probably be ok i/o wise

Ah. Yes with shared IPs and shared disks, I can see how that might be an issue.

We mostly do dedicated servers and dedicated IPs, so it's never an issue for us.

Then there is no noisy neighbours. Better option.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@randvegeta I flagged it a while ago lol

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @Francisco might be able to help you.

• kimsufi works fine, $6/montth