Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to send emails to Microsoft
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unable to send emails to Microsoft

WebiniumWebinium Member

Hello,

I can not send email to @Oulook, @Hotmail, etc.

My IP address is not blacklisted, I checked here https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

I contacted Microsoft, but they do not want to do anything.

Only Microsoft does not work.

Do you have an idea to help me?

Thank you:

Dear XXXX.XXXX

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Not qualified for mitigation
xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx
Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) do not qualify for mitigation. These IP(s) have previously received mitigations from deliverability support, and have failed to maintain patterns within our guidelines, so they are ineligible for additional mitigation at this time.

Please ensure your emails comply with the Outlook.com policies, practices and guidelines found here: http://mail.live.com/mail/policies.aspx.

To have Deliverability Support investigate further, please reply to this email with a detailed description of the problem you are having, including specific error messages, and an agent will contact you.

Regardless of the deliverability status, Outlook.com recommends that all senders join two free programs that provide visibility into the Outlook.com traffic on your sending IP(s), the sending IP reputation with Outlook.com and the Outlook.com user complaint rates.

Junk Email Reporting program (JMRP) When an Outlook.com user marks an email as "junk", senders enrolled in this program get a copy of the mail forwarded to the email address of their choice. It allows senders to see which mails are being marked as junk and to identify mail traffic you did not intend to send. To join, please visit http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsjmrpp&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts.

Smart Network Data Services program (SNDS). This program allows you to monitor the ‘health’ and reputation of your registered IPs by providing data about traffic such as mail volume and complaint rates seen originating from your IPs. To register, please visit http://postmaster.live.com/snds/.

There is no silver bullet to maintaining or improving good IP reputation, but these programs help you proactively manage your email eco-system to help better ensure deliverability to Outlook.com users.

Thank you,

Outlook.com Deliverability Support

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Use @Jarland's MX Route for outgoing.

Alternatively, as they say, respond to this email and keep discussing with them.

Thanked by 3jar sarah cassa
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

I guess all you can do is change your IP?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Webinium said: My IP address is not blacklisted

...but apparently it was:

Webinium said: Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) do not qualify for mitigation. These IP(s) have previously received mitigations from deliverability support, and have failed to maintain patterns within our guidelines, so they are ineligible for additional mitigation at this time.

"have failed to maintain patterns without our guidelines". I don't know what that means, but apparently there's some more history here (though it may have happened before you had the IP).

• Use mailchannels for you outgoing emails.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Webinium said: My IP address is not blacklisted, I checked here https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Microsoft does not care about other blacklists.
    they maintain their own lists and obviously your IP has been on their lists before and even got back on it after being removed at least once.

Thanked by 2jar vimalware
  • PlioserPlioser Member

Even with their "conditionally mitigated", sending emails to MSFT accounts is a nightmare.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

This is why this archaic technology we call email makes very little sense to me... everyone has their own rules (like in this case Microsoft) who decides to permaban an ip... even after ownership has changed.. I smell a money making business...

• @stolipeach said:
    Use mailchannels for you outgoing emails.

Thank you for your proposal, it is a VPS with cPanel.

I have to send a maximum of 50 emails per day. Your solution will cost me $ 49 a month.

It's too much!

• JinxJinx Member

@Webinium said:

@stolipeach said:

I have to send a maximum of 50 emails per day. Your solution will cost me $ 49 a month.

It's too much!

I believe there are some resellers who could offer it cheaper for you.

• frkfrk Member

@Webinium said:

@stolipeach said:

It's too much!

Use mxroute! @jarland

Thanked by 2jar [Deleted User]
  • I had the same problem but they removed me from the blacklist within the hour. Didn't expect them to be that quick.

Anyway, maybe get some new IP(s)? Or use mxroute. Solid service.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Had a similar issue (some client used before this IP address) with one of the IP, registered the IP on their program and within 24 hours issue has been fixed.

• teamaccteamacc Member

Or use @gleert who is offering some smaller packages from mailchannels.

Thanked by 1gleert
  • dwtbfdwtbf Member

@Webinium said:

@stolipeach said:

It's too much!

"I want" vs "I need"

If you need to send these, you need to pay the price, but if you want to send these, but it's not vital, you don't need to.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Webinium said: I have to send a maximum of 50 emails per day. Your solution will cost me $ 49 a month.

You can find our low volume (and cheap) MailChannel plans here

• PlioserPlioser Member

@WebProject said:
    Had a similar issue (some client used before this IP address) with one of the IP, registered the IP on their program and within 24 hours issue has been fixed.

And the mails go to Inbox or to junk folder?

• It will go to inbox if its DNS and content are valid.

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited May 2017

Mailgun is free upto 10000 emails per month. Configure postfix to relay via it.

• Webinium said: It's too much!

@gleert is a mailchannels reseller offering smaller packages. Recommended

Thanked by 1gleert
  • @advarisk said:
    Mailgun is free upto 10000 emails per month. Configure postfix to relay via it.

thank you,

I will look at this solution

Merci

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Plioser said:

@WebProject said:

And the mails go to Inbox or to junk folder?

The emails are delivered into inbox folder - no issues as my current client use his server for ecommerce without any newsletters or promotional crap.

• sarahsarah Member

Never relay emails from your own IP. Use existing providers that have a good reputation. +1 for @Jarland's MX Route suggestion (I don't used it myself but this is the correct approach to send mails).

• PlioserPlioser Member

@sarah said:
    Never relay emails from your own IP. Use existing providers that have a good reputation. +1 for @Jarland's MX Route suggestion (I don't used it myself but this is the correct approach to send mails).

My IP is not blacklisted, I configured properly SPF + DKIM + DMARC + rDNS, I send no more than 2 or 3 emails/day to Outlook, they have "conditionally mitigated" (OVH range...) my IP.

Why is Outlook sending my emails to Junk folder? I don't know and I don't care. Gmail, GMX, Protonmail, Zoho, no one but Outlook have problems with my emails.

I wouldn't need to use any other shit than a properly configured mail server, but Outlook wants money (paid certifications in Return Path).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2017

@Plioser said:
    I wouldn't need to use any other shit than a properly configured mail server, but Outlook wants money (paid certifications in Return Path).

Welcome to email in 2017. Properly configured mail server with an IP that isn't on public RBLs doesn't mean anything anymore. It helps, but you can still do everything right and sometimes it's still not enough. It's been getting worse every year since late 2013. It all went to shit right about the time Yahoo adopted DMARC. It empowered the other major services to realize that they could also be larger assholes than they'd previously been, and people would still insist on using their terrible services.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • PlioserPlioser Member

jarland said: but you can still do everything right and it's still not enough

That's the problem.

If I am playing fair, meeting the standards and not sending any unsolicited email, what else Microsoft want?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Plioser said:

jarland said: but you can still do everything right and it's still not enough

That's the problem.

If I am playing fair, meeting the standards and not sending any unsolicited email, what else Microsoft want?

You to purchase an Office 365 email subscription ;)

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • sarahsarah Member

@Plioser said:

@sarah said:

My IP is not blacklisted, I configured properly SPF + DKIM + DMARC + rDNS, I send no more than 2 or 3 emails/day to Outlook, they have "conditionally mitigated" (OVH range...) my IP.

It's become very cheap to own VPS and a public IP. This means that spammers are using them to spam the hell out of people. As a mitigation measure, the big email providers take a conservative view and block many IPs on the first sign of spam and have a big cool down period. Big email providers don't care because most (all?) emails don't originate from those IPs anyway. Also, the configurations you mention (SPF, DKIM..) can all be done by spammers as well. I am not a "big email provider" sympathizer (I used to work for one) but hopefully you can see it from their point of view as well. Your best bet is to hold on to a IP and domain for say 6 months or so and for the first 6 months use some other reliable/reputable mail relay.