Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated for Plex in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated for Plex in EU

jaketjaket Member

I'm looking for a dedicated server with decent peering to the UK if hosted outside the UK of course.

Xeon E3/E5 (10k passmark), 64GB Mem, 5 IPs, 1Gb connection, looking for at least 500GB of storage ideally SSD, at least 10TB outgoing on the bandwidth.

Currently with online.net LT but looking to upgrade and would like to see what offers are available.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

What is your budget for this? We have E3 1275v5 in Germany with 2x512GB SSDs ready to be deployed fast.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Any particular budget?

SoYouStart (OVH) comes to mind. They have E5's with 64GB RAM hovering around the 60Euro mark. Not SSDs, but their network is well connected to the UK.

If you're willing to expand your budget, @clouvider's network in the UK is pretty fantastic, despite my limited experience with it on LowEndSpirit.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • vishvish Member

Judging by his online.net LT mention I'm going to guess €40

or $7

• i am currently using

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/infrastructure/173eg4.xml

this for Plex Setup , its with 2x 4Tb , but can also be ordered with Nvme .

i Also have a 4x4Tb server e3 1230v2 with rapidswitch , but God knows what reason there are 22 hopes and i cant stream Plex from It.

• jaketjaket Member

Ideally I'd like to hang around £80. I missed out on Clouviders previous sale too :-(

i shall look at SYS again.

AlexBarakov what price we talking?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

@jaket said:
    Ideally I'd like to hang around £80. I missed out on Clouviders previous sale too :-(

i shall look at SYS again.

AlexBarakov what price we talking?

There is one coming very soon =). Drop me a PM with your requirements, I'll try to find something for you :)

Thanks @ElliotJ for the very kind words!

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@jaket - I've PMed you the offer.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited May 2017

We have E3 1270v3 - 32GB DDR3 - 2x500GB SSD - 10TB traffic for €100 each month (NL)