Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plex dedicated server hosting needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plex dedicated server hosting needed

doughmanesdoughmanes Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

Specs: Intel Xeon L5520 or better, 16GB RAM min (24-32 preferred), 2x 4TB hard drive, 15TB @ 1 Gbps bandwidth. /29 IPv4 (virtualization is used). The ability to expand with more drives with the server chassis having empty bays would be desirable if/when the need is there.

Budget: $50 - 85/mo. Currently using a VPS on my OVH dedicated server. I don't really want to spin up another OVH dedicated server.

I'm the easiest customer to deal with who pays their bills. I'm not going to be filing tickets with support except in the event of a network issue where I'd expect some communication of something as basic as "hey we're aware of something going on and we're looking into it".

Location: USA Central or East Coast. No LA, Phoenix, Seattle.

Central US: Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago is OK

East: Atlanta, mid-Atlantic (VA), NY/NJ preferred.

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@doughmanes Are you interested in Atlanta? If so, QuickPacket can help. Let me know.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I found something a bit over your budget but you can check out all servers from this provider.
    https://www.nocix.net/cart/?id=297

I used them a few years back and they were alright. I since moved to my own dedicated but at the time they worked for what I was doing.

• Ian_Dot_Tech said: I found something a bit over your budget

Doesn't meet expansion requirement as Datashack's new brand has "preconfigured" (no expansion/customization) so less hands are touching the hardware.

@qps said:
    @doughmanes Are you interested in Atlanta? If so, QuickPacket can help. Let me know.

Atlanta is fine and I've been a past customer of yours for a few years. Shoot me an offer via PM.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

edit : sorry ... just see the location

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • DamianDamian Member

Have you considered Enzu/BudgetVM?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Damian said:
    Have you considered Enzu/BudgetVM?

I'll Ms Paint some of the quotes received to kick their tires real hard