Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

130GB temporary storage for VPS rebuild (~24h)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

130GB temporary storage for VPS rebuild (~24h)

As the title says, I need around 130GB of storage for 24 hours (most likely less) - needs to be SCP-accessible and EU-based.

Ideally gratis, but willing to pay a couple of euros/dollars as long as it's less than the cost of shoving the data in S3.

Comments

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Vultr storage nodes.

Thanked by 2raindog308 sayem314
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

corbpie said: Vultr storage nodes.

There's cheaper on a monthly basis, but I think you're right if OP only needs it on an hourly basis.

• itgodsitgods Member

PM'd.

• Hello @CraigWatson I can provide to you this space on my storage server for free. Let me know if you have interest.

Thanks!!!!

• sonicsonic Veteran

I have some idle storage VPS, i will give you free 1 week if you need.

• Thanks guys, I have a very kind offer from ngstargate :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@CraigWatson said:
    Thanks guys, I have a very kind offer from ngstargate :)

He's definitely going to steal your data.

• CraigWatsonCraigWatson Member
    edited May 2017

It's the Bitcoin block chain - there's nothing much to steal, everything else is in Puppet with EYAML so I just need to clone a private GitHub repo and run one CLI command :)

• corbpiecorbpie Member

I was gonna offer my hostsolutions server but the space has disappeared into thin air.

Thanked by 1drdrake
  • ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited May 2017

Nekki said: He's definitely going to steal your data.

I would have stolen your brain with great pleasure and fed it to my dog.
    But ... I don't have a dog.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Lol not sure if he is serious

• cociucociu Member

CraigWatson said: As the title says, I need around 130GB of storage for 24 hours (most likely less) - needs to be SCP-accessible and EU-based.

Ideally gratis, but willing to pay a couple of euros/dollars as long as it's less than the cost of shoving the data in S3.

i am glad to provide you this space for free , pm if you still need

• fLoofLoo Member

I can do such things for free also. Up to 30 TB for temporary purposes. Dedicated 1G Uplink in Germany.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Online.net c14 is perfect for this task.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

This is why I love LET, most of you guys are awesome...

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • williewillie Member

pbgben said:

Online.net c14 is perfect for this task.

If you mean using the temp storage staging area, yes, that works, and I haven't heard of them hassling anyone over it, but it's technically against their TOS. If you actually archive something it's billed by the month, prorated during the first month. I don't currently know a good general solution for what OP is trying to do, but fortunately lots of one-off solutions have been presented so I assume it's taken care of now.