Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Rid of VortexNode Dedi (E3 1240v3/16gb/1TBhdd/NY) @ $23/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getting Rid of VortexNode Dedi (E3 1240v3/16gb/1TBhdd/NY) @ $23/mo

2»

Comments

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Eh... I don't want it either as well unfortunately, based on the likelihood that VN will fold. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

• @MasonR said:
    I was given IPMI credentials at the beginning of March (I guess when their support was still halfway decent) and it was never revoked.

>

Nice. Is the server in Toronto?

@MasonR said:
    That said, the IPMI credentials are complete separate from the VN account. And I'm not sure if they will actually do their due diligence to check for old logins when moving the server out of my account.

That would be something interesting to find out.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@flatland_spider said: Nice. Is the server in Toronto?

Nah, it's at their Buffalo, NY location.

• @flatland_spider said:
    Nice. Is the server in Toronto?

No, Buffalo, NY!

@ElliotJ said:
    Eh... I don't want it either as well unfortunately, based on the likelihood that VN will fold. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

I completely understand, no worries.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ

Just so I'm caught up on where we stand, do your offers still stand @mtsbatalha and @racksx? If you're having second doubts, then no worries.

• @MasonR do you have a bench from this server?

@mtsbatalha said:
    @MasonR do you have a bench from this server?

From original post:

• racksxracksx Member

@MasonR, No, as long we do not get closer to the renewal date, if you would ask me tomorrow again, I would offer $10 then $9 and.... the renewal date is nearby, so If I would pay you $11 for less than 15 days be sure I would prefer to use it not to wait longer because tomorrow I won't offer you $11

@racksx said:
    @MasonR, No, as long we do not get closer to the renewal date, if you would ask me tomorrow again, I would offer $10 then $9 and.... the renewal date is nearby, so If I would pay you $11 for less than 15 days be sure I would prefer to use it not to wait longer because tomorrow I won't offer you $11

Understood. But as stated in the original post, I intend to do the transfer this Saturday as I still need to migrate services off of the machine to my new box. It's all good.

• @racksx said:

you are not paying for the end of the billing term. You are paying to have this deal transferred to you.

Thanked by 2MasonR dedicados
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited May 2017

i should do the same with mine...

New York - E3-1240v3 / 32GB RAM / 4x1TB HDD w/ cPanel/WHM

Next Due Date 25/05/2017

Recurring Amount $51.17 USD

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dedicados said:
    i should do the same with mine...

New York - E3-1240v3 / 32GB RAM / 4x1TB HDD w/ cPanel/WHM

Next Due Date 25/05/2017

Recurring Amount $51.17 USD

How the fuck are they paying the bill? I mean, even if CC has a ton of licenses cPanel is still $20? $25? per month.

They're making a few bucks a box if they're lucky after fees.

Francisco

• racksxracksx Member

@GenjiSwitchPls, exactly my point, and I would like to have it asap not to wait 1 week more don't you agree?:)

• @racksx said:
    @GenjiSwitchPls, exactly my point, and I would like to have it asap not to wait 1 week more don't you agree?:)

I would, but thats not what is being offered/advertised.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • Francisco said: How the fuck are they paying the bill?

i know!!! it was a really great promo, but i dont like them anymore because the dumb support.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

$14

• williewillie Member

mtsbatalha said: So I'll keep my E31240v3/16GB RAM/4x240GB SSD/1Gbps@30TB + IPMI 24/7 = 29USD.

Where is this?

@ckm_2 said:
    $14

It's all yours for your original offer of $10, since a couple people backed out. I'll shoot you a PM later tonight.

@ElliotJ would you do me a solid and close this thread out? :) thanks!

• @willie said:

mtsbatalha said: So I'll keep my E31240v3/16GB RAM/4x240GB SSD/1Gbps@30TB + IPMI 24/7 = 29USD.

Where is this?

was at Heymman - long sold out

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

MasonR said: @ElliotJ would you do me a solid and close this thread out? :) thanks!

No worries. Good luck with the transaction.

This discussion has been closed.