Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to import an OVA file at any providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible to import an OVA file at any providers?

I'm trying to learn Puppet and play with the Puppet Learning VM (provided in an OVA format), but my Macbook Pro seems to be a light on resources. I seem to be too light on both RAM and CPU as the VM keeps falling over.

Is there any provider where I can upload the custom OVA and run it, as I just don't seem to have enough resources available locally.

Thanks!

Comments

• ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited May 2017

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Any KVM VPS should do, just ask the provider to convert the ova image for you.

• KVM Windows VPS with sufficient resources, and install virtualbox there.. Should import automatically from .ova file.

• matteobmatteob Barred

We allow ova import from customer portal. Checkout https://www.domflow.it/cloud.php

Import is possible in any region

• You can try Netcup. They allowed to using custom image

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

If you convert it to RAW or QCOW depending on what the provider uses a provider could import it. Although the may not want to or be confident enough to do it etc.