Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk/LowEndBox IRC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk/LowEndBox IRC?

AaronAaron Member
edited January 2012 in General

Are there any IRC channels where LEB people hang out?

Comments

• Well, this is already solved somewhere..

Some members go to the buyvm chat n_n

Go to their page :D

• tsctsc Member

v2 had a discussion where they set up some channel for those who didn't want to go to BuyVM, although I can't find it since v2 gives me a 502.

• Could always just create a new channel as well, ours can be a bit hectic for folks at times. daIRC is technically neutral ground; despite Fran's ownership we've kept the deltaanime and daIRC community separate, with their own staff and CoC.

There's also a handful of other no-drama networks to consider... and if nothing else, whomever would like the responsibility of running an unofficial (until LEA approves :P) channel could always just ask their provider of choice about running a small ircd. I'm sure most of the providers here wouldn't mind, considering the intended usage.

• @aldryic said: could always just ask their provider of choice about running a small ircd. I'm sure most of the providers here wouldn't mind, considering the intended usage.

I'm up for running an ircd. Providers can even peer together on a hub; lowendchatnetwork :)

• set 'er up!

Thanked by 1Roph
  • The #Lowendbox channel that was setup had a couple people in it every time I checked
    (nobody who I recognized) and it generated at most a few lines of scroll per week.

For example, I'd ask a question or simply ask if anyone was alive and I might get a response a couple days later.

I suggest use an existing network that already has a lot of LEB/VPS enthusiasts on it instead of creating some unnecessary private IRCd.

Examples of existing networks with good LEB/VPS enthusiast channels that are already populated:

irc.deltaanime.net (has #frantech with a lot of LEB/LET users already in it)
    irc.systeminplace.net (has #systeminplace (RapidXen channel) and #XenVZ (XenVZ.co.UK) channel )

Also #Ramhost is on Dalnet and he has quite a few users in there too.

Any other places where a lot of VPS users hang out on IRC?

• @JoeMerit said: Any other places where a lot of VPS users hang out on IRC?

freenode

Thanked by 1tux
  • One thing to take into consideration with existing hosts is that some of the conversation here could be considered against their AUP (threads discussing abuse, DDoS, etc). Even though we're discussing this from a provider/client point of view and not advocating or involving ourselves, it's all too easy for an overzealous oper to misunderstand if nobody takes the time to introduce us to the ircd's staff first.

Thanked by 1rkan
  • I set up #leb on irc.d3vm.net if anyone wants a channel just for lowendtalk/lowendbox.

• @justinb

any specific channels? #lowendbox is pretty useless on there.