Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your local OS you use to connect to your VPS via SSH? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your local OS you use to connect to your VPS via SSH?

2»

Comments

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

Slackware period.

• edited May 2017

CygWin on Windows

Terminal on macOS

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited May 2017

Ubuntu gnome 16.04, gnome-terminal, ssh
    Putty if I'm on the Windows 10 partition

• DNnameDNname Member

putty on windows & terminal on ubuntu

• Of course putty on Windows. :)

• m3gfm3gf Member

actually on android.

• Ubuntu subsystem on windows 10

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    I switched from konsole to qterminal a while ago and with an average of 10 or so open, it's been completely solid on KDE.

I'm on konsole, is there a significant improvement with qterminal?

• farnoxfarnox Member

@raindog308 said:
    ...when it doesn't crash. Yeah, Sierra has a crashing issue with Terminal. Amazing Apple could screw up something so simple, but I've seen many reports and experience it myself.

I use RoyalTS which has far more bells/whistles.

iTerm 2 is a nice option as well.

• @nhocconan said:
    MacOS with my Macbook Pro, both at work and at home. Mac's terminal is much more convenient to use compared to putty that I sometimes use in the Surface :-)

Best part is, macOS terminal doesn't have Putty's awful clipboard system

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • wwabbit said: I'm on konsole, is there a significant improvement with qterminal?

I've used Konsole for years and I absolutely love the look and it does what I want. In the last year I've had problems with it screwing up Plasmadesktop. Sometimes even freezing on SSH connections. I finally decided that it wasn't compatible with KDE - at least on my FreeBSD system. Qterminal seemed to solve all my problems, and a little tweaking and it looks the same, in fact even better. Why don't you try it? It will work just fine along with Konsole so there's no problem in trying.

• JinxJinx Member

Kitty on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

mRemoteNG on Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Razer OEM Windows 10 home.
    I formerly used Windows 7 Enterprise installed by myself upgraded to Windows 10 by myself, also with mRemoteNG on my old Samsung laptop.
    I have WinSCP installed as well as MobaXTerm too.

• DNnameDNname Member

If in android, usually I choose juice SSH

• i'm seeing too much windows and ubuntu in here. you guys really need to look into more superior OS'es as these are noob OS'es

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • maldovia said: you guys really need to look into more

In their defense I'd say that this thread is noob oriented judging by the choices presented in the poll.

• @maldovia said:
    i'm seeing too much windows and ubuntu in here. you guys really need to look into more superior OS'es as these are noob OS'es

Windows is a fantastic OS, it's you who's ignorant.

• Terminal on Arch Linux <3

• @maldovia said:
    i'm seeing too much windows and ubuntu in here. you guys really need to look into more superior OS'es as these are noob OS'es

I've been using Linux since 1999. At some point, you realize that your time to tinker with your OS, as opposed to the time you spend on family and/or professional pursuits, becomes less and less. I used to enjoy Gentoo and, later, Arch. However, now, if it doesn't have a good installer and easy-to-maintain updates, I'm not messing with it.

These days, I don't choose a platform based on degree of difficulty. I just use the tool that helps me get my work done.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • hostnoob said: basically "which OS do you use on your desktop?"

Assuming you use a "desktop." Though I suppose most people do since they probably do a lot of other stuff simultaneously with remote management.

• PuTTY on Windows 10. Windows just works.

• cececece Member

c9.io

• Pac Manager in Manjaro OpenRC

the cluster function & keepass integration are good