Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need cheap windows vps in UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need cheap windows vps in UK

qoleyqoley Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

im looking for cheap windows vps in UK with any 2GB RAM and trusted with budget $10. any recommendations?

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

Dont you just hate it when you tag 2 people ;)

I can indeed do this, however, i need more information, please @qoley,

Please tell me what you need of the following:

CPU Cores:
    Ram:
    Disk Space:
    Bandwidth:

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@qoley said:
    im looking for cheap windows vps in UK with any 2GB RAM and trusted with budget $10. any recommendations?

Hey @goley,

We are able to provide a Windows VPS in France with UK Geolocated IP, if thats ok with you. Windows 2008R2 license included as well for $7/Month. Have a look at our specs :)

2 x Core (Xeon 4.2GHz)
    2GB DDR4 Ram
    30GB NVMe SSD Storage
    30TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    1 x IPv4
    1 x IPv6
    1 x Private IP
    2 x Backup Slots
    Anti DDoS Pro

Network Test: http://lg.rbx.vmhaus.com

Order Link: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

Thanks!

• qoleyqoley Member

@bopie
    CPU Cores: intel xeon
    Ram: 2GB
    Disk Space: minimum 30GB
    Bandwidth: 1TB

@vmhaus nice one but its available for UK?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie said:

Dont you just hate it when you tag 2 people ;)

Well, he didn't necessarily came up with an idea of heaving two accounts on one forum, both the same person, both de-facto representing the same company, just one less officially.

• BopieBopie Member

@clouvider, @piohost is used by my fiance now so that I could separate official sales (which is what she deals with as I'm awful at numbers) and my own personal opinion, however, we both represent the same company indeed :)

@qoley said:
    @bopie
    CPU Cores: intel xeon
    Ram: 2GB
    Disk Space: minimum 30GB
    Bandwidth: 1TB

@vmhaus nice one but its available for UK?

The VPS is actually located in Roubaix, France but it comes with a UK geolocated IP address. You could try the network speeds and latency using the the LG provided below :)

Network Test: http://lg.rbx.vmhaus.com

• BopieBopie Member

@qoley, I can't beat @vmhaus price really, the only difference is that i can offer you 2008r2 and 2012 r2 and actual UK location as well as dedicated cores but it well be above the price you asked.

edited May 2017

@Bopie said:
    @qoley, I can't beat @vmhaus price really, the only difference is that i can offer you 2008r2 and 2012 r2 and actual UK location as well as dedicated cores but it well be above the price you asked.

@Bopie you are exactly UK, and ours in France(with UK GeoIP) which is not what OP asked for. Left him an option for consideration. Cheers!

@qoley, our resources are on a fair share basis and non dedicated.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @Bopie said:
    @clouvider, @piohost is used by my fiance now so that I could separate official sales (which is what she deals with as I'm awful at numbers) and my own personal opinion, however, we both represent the same company indeed :)

Interesting so I should tag you or pio? Haha :P

• BopieBopie Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Bopie said:

Interesting so I should tag you or pio? Haha :P

To be honest i work full time on just piohost alone whereas my fiance works part time so if i know she won't answer then i normally will, for instance she is at work right now :)

• qoleyqoley Member

@vmhaus you not have real one from UK?

@Bopie can you show price include spec with my budget?

• BopieBopie Member

@qoley said:

Sure how many cores do you need, i.e 1,2,3 etc

@qoley said:

@qoley, unfortunately we dont, sorry. @Bopie should be able to help you ;)

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • May I remind you that UK <> France routing is incredible and myself I see no more than 7-10ms ping addition to OVH FR.

However the Virgin Media network may experience connection issues at peak congested times however that is not just limited France that includes accessing parts of its own network.

If you are here for pure UK network performance whilst @Bopie may offer a good deal do remember if it is their Wigan location you will be on Single Homed Virgin Media. Whilst for myself that is not a problem and actually a bonus, if you wish to connect through OpenReach networks such as BT, Sky and such you will experience issues at peak times from my personal experience. In no way at all is this a bash towards @Bopie or his Data centre it's more towards the Virgin Media network. For best performance across the entire of the UK I'd recommend @Cloudvider or ones if it's customers.

If you are here for the cheapest option I'd go with @vmhaus and if you want the cheapest option directly in the UK @Bopie is going to be your best shot.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • BopieBopie Member

@GenjiSwitchPls is totally correct, if best network performance go with @clouvider in the UK for sure, his network is far superior to many including ours :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thank you for the very kind words @GenjiSwitchPls and @Bopie :-)!

• so @Bopie (piohost) and @Clouvider are you friends right now? :D

• BopieBopie Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    so @Bopie (piohost) and @Clouvider are you friends right now? :D

We do not know each other at all no, however, I'm not going to lie and say that we have a better network as we don't, we are at opposite ends of the scale, @clouvider has a network far superior to myself and also offers products that are far better i.e his HA cloud service is amazing but then again he can't offer this at the prices I do but I can't offer the network he can so like I said we are at opposite ends of the scale

• @mtsbatalha said:
    so @Bopie (piohost) and @Clouvider are you friends right now? :D

I believe there is a place for @Bopie and his upstream he providers exceptional support and service at a low price and to achieve this the network some would class as subpar. @Clouvider does not go so cheap and does not need to save money.

Virgin Medias network is forever improving and its core network is definitely looking a lot better. The issues regarding the network are further at the customers end mostly caused by new housing estates popping up and Virgin struggling to keep up with new cables. With the recent separation of OpenReach I think bad news is going to go to the other side of the hills also in the upcoming years.

Finally it wouldn't be an accurate slate at the UK without mentioning Brexit is going to cause all cables connected to the UK to be removed. (I am joking)

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • BopieBopie Member

Anyway back on track:

Our 2GB windows plan includes:

CPU - 2Core (2.5Ghz+)
    Raid-5 SAS - 50 GB
    Ram - 2GB (Dedicated)
    Bandwidth - Unmetered
    IPv4 - 1
    IPv6 - 1
    Port Speed - 100 Mbps (fair shar)

£6.49/mo

https://piohost.co.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=81

These are located in Wigan, UK as mentioned above and are automatically provisioned once payment is made.

• sanvitsanvit Member

+1 for @Bopie excellent support and awesome services :)

I've also heard pretty good reviews for @vmhaus and their servers seem to be dahmn fast :)

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • BopieBopie Member

@sanvit said:
    +1 for @Bopie excellent support and awesome services :)

I've also heard pretty good reviews for @vmhaus and their servers seem to be dahmn fast :)

Can't go wrong with the nvme, and don't worry as mentioned once they release their UK dc I will be testing their drives as well, however, for now, im happy with the 15K SAS drives as they blow away normal HDD speeds :)

Also if you can wait a few more days OP then we have a planned sale ;) and windows VPS will be included in that.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • YuraYura Member

@Bopie said:
    Also if you can wait a few more days OP then we have a planned sale ;)

Good decision to wait until those glasses arrive, sweetheart

• BopieBopie Member

@yura im so excited

Shows that I'm getting older when I get excited about new glasses, but then again I have had the same pair for 5 years :O no wonder I can't see even with them on aye.

But that not the reason I'm waiting, it's more as I'm low on IPs :P

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member

@bopie, but the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart... <3

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Do you also need a license as part of that? if so @clouvider is your best bet as you also get hardware redundancy included.

• BopieBopie Member

We provide the licence as well ;)