Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good specs to live stream on a vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good specs to live stream on a vps?

hey guys i need to stream a video from a game that is already recorded from a vps BUT without lag video
so i was wondering.. what vps specs should be good for it?

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

transcode required?

• bobtylenbobtylen Member
    edited May 2017

@sanvit said:
    transcode required?

i'm going use a program called obs studio to stream it and idk what is transcode sorry.. just need know what specs should be good to stream without lag video know? and about 720p and audio required

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2017

@bobtylen said:

@sanvit said:
    transcode required?

i'm going use a program called obs studio to stream it and idk what is transcode sorry.. just need know what specs should be good to stream without lag video know? and about 720p

is real-time re-encoding required? If so, @Francisco could help you out. If not, yeah, still @Francisco (the smallest ones could do the job in most cases). Or, you could try using CDN @BunnySpeed?

You will need to provide more info. Size of video, number of concirrent stream, region, etc.

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited May 2017

You'd most likely want a GPU dedicated server, because streaming is usually CPU/GPU intensive and I wouldn't do it on a small VPS.

• hzrhzr Member

sanvit said: i'm going use a program called obs studio to stream it

this would be a horrible idea probably, just use ffmpeg and push the direct copy stream to whatever streaming service you use w/o having to reencode

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

liquidsky

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@bobtylen said:
    hey guys i need to stream a video from a game that is already recorded from a vps BUT without lag video
    so i was wondering.. what vps specs should be good for it?

If you're going to stream a pre-recorded video then you shouldn't need anything big. That isn't comparable to streaming an actual game or something.

• racksxracksx Member

Hi,
    What about our 10Gbps packages https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/111714/new-location-kvm-plans-starting-3-5-10gbps-port for all packages we are offering now Unmetered bandwidth :)