Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vortexnode down? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vortexnode down?

13»

Comments

• RyanGelinas said: "The server is still offline, we are working to put the services back online as soon as possible."

they won the most stupid answers of the year award

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Someone said:
    Not only that. He also quit soon once they completed the initial sales and offers.

Personally, I feel that if they had got in the top 3, or the top 1 spot they were likely aiming for, they would've continued the push.

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Francisco said: Personally, I feel that if they had got in the top 3, or the top 1 spot they were likely aiming for, they would've continued the push.

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

Maybe they realized that the typical LET crowd is not worth the effort and that it won't put food on the table.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AlexBarakov said:

Francisco said: Personally, I feel that if they had got in the top 3, or the top 1 spot they were likely aiming for, they would've continued the push.

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

Maybe they realized that the typical LET crowd is not worth the effort and that it won't put food on the table.

I think most of their operation was on leased equipment so it gets very costly very quickly.

Francisco

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AlexBarakov said:

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

And was probably confirmed by VortexMagnus's last couple of posts, which had a bunch of people bitching about (still decently priced) dedi's, that were not as ridiculously priced as past offers.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@MasonR said:

@AlexBarakov said:

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

And was probably confirmed by VortexMagnus's last couple of posts, which had a bunch of people bitching about (still decently priced) dedi's, that were not as ridiculously priced as past offers.

Some people suggested that those posts were no longer made by the original @VortexMagnus.

Another hypothesis is that the original @VortexMagnus sold too much too cheaply without the blessing of the boss, and so (when his actions came to light) he was asked to leave.

In any case, both the coming and the going of the original @VortexMagnus were sudden.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@angstrom said:

@MasonR said:

@AlexBarakov said:

They placed 4th? 5th?

Francisco

Some people suggested that those posts were no longer made by the original @VortexMagnus.

Another hypothesis is that the original @VortexMagnus sold too much too cheaply without the blessing of the boss, and so (when his actions came to light) he was asked to leave.

In any case, both the coming and the going of the original @VortexMagnus were sudden.

From a conversation on discord with Mag, there's bits in there not relating to the conversation but I didn't want to break it up properly.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2017

@Rhys: I think that the original @VortexMagnus left LET earlier than April -- it may even have been in February. I would have to look for the thread, but one of the LET moderators confirmed that someone at VortexNode began using the account @VortexMagnus but that it was no longer the original guy @VortexMagnus, at which point they lost their "Provider" label on LET.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Nobody cares honestly, we knew this day would come. Enjoy your cheap ass servers, where is that people that get excited and cum all the please when they see unreal prices?... Next VirMach.

Thanked by 3yomero Nuntius Lunar
  • add_iTadd_iT Member

deadpool is comiiinngg...

• NuntiusNuntius Member

Yes two servers still down. But I already wrote them off a few weeks ago. Since the network performance run down the hill. I think they will stop the cheap services soon. M

• kingjjkingjj Member

Got a yearly VPS with them from that deal at the end of last year. Never been able to use it. No great loss if they do deadpool.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ExonHost said:
    Network status is showing offline. Power status is on.
    Can't restart network.

@dedicados said:

ExonHost said: One of my server still down! No response from vortexnode.

did you try to enter to your account in WHMCS and restart it?

Been through the same shit since April. Between 1st April and 10th May, my network has been switched 'off' for 17 days.

Every time they came up with an excuse along the lines of - failed switch, failed NIC etc.

Looks like the support has been outsourced to incompetent retards - which is sad, because the servers performed quite well up until April 2017.

Oh well, looks like it is time to cancel and move on..

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • K4Y5 said: Looks like the support has been outsourced to incompetent retards - which is sad, because the servers performed quite well up until April 2017.

damn true, server performance was perfect for me, also speed. but since yesterday they lost me, also support are stupid, if you ask something, they never answer you, only "it seems to be a problem, let us check"

• bobbrbobbr Member

Hmm. I had a problem last week that needed tech intervention and meanwhile my site stayed down. Support wasn't able to do anything coherent about it, so after a couple of days of that, I bailed. Not sure what happened lately, but it wasn't good. Ping times were getting to be excessive, too. Hope they can get their act together somehow.

• Looks like the ride is about to end. If you haven't been making backup plans, now would be a good time, if your server is online that is.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Same thing happened to me. They told NIC issue, network issue. After couple of phone calls, they finally resolved the issue. Moving the server to incero network now.

@K4Y5 said:

@ExonHost said:
    Network status is showing offline. Power status is on.
    Can't restart network.

@dedicados said:

ExonHost said: One of my server still down! No response from vortexnode.

did you try to enter to your account in WHMCS and restart it?

Been through the same shit since April. Between 1st April and 10th May, my network has been switched 'off' for 17 days.

Every time they came up with an excuse along the lines of - failed switch, failed NIC etc.

Looks like the support has been outsourced to incompetent retards - which is sad, because the servers performed quite well up until April 2017.

Oh well, looks like it is time to cancel and move on..

• Coming in swinging so low really backfired. People got use to the low prices, and when they went up to market average level, interest was lost. It's a shame, because for a while they were quite a reliable host.

• Anyone ever requested a reinstall on one of their UK atoms? I have a ticket unanswered for a few days. Not in a rush and wouldn't complain keeping in mind what I'm paying but it seems a bit off.

• lurchlurch Member

I did a couple of reinstalls when I first got one and support was quick to initiate however things seem to take longer these days (probably want everyone off the cheapo ones) and my network is getting worse and worse.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • jtkjtk Member
    edited May 2017

VortexNode VMs in Atlanta, London, and Toronto seem to be fine.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Anyone ever requested a reinstall on one of their UK atoms? I have a ticket unanswered for a few days. Not in a rush and wouldn't complain keeping in mind what I'm paying but it seems a bit off.

You need to raise a ticket with the main help desk, that ticket goes to a system that rarely gets looked at, been that way since day one.

• @Nekki said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Anyone ever requested a reinstall on one of their UK atoms? I have a ticket unanswered for a few days. Not in a rush and wouldn't complain keeping in mind what I'm paying but it seems a bit off.

You need to raise a ticket with the main help desk, that ticket goes to a system that rarely gets looked at, been that way since day one.

Cheers for that. Never needed support from them so far as the server is running like a champ. I want to repurpose the server though. Anyway, I hope they'll stay around.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2017

Chicago (or was it Atlanta) KVM working fine, also was working ok yesterday iirc. They -did- somehow wipe out the node it was on a couple months ago, so all the VM's had to be reinstalled from scratch. That got mentioned on LET but didn't cause much discussion.

• I made the mistake of asking for an RFO, this is what I got (which is far from an RFO):

Hi Ryan,

We had a network issue which affected the rack where your server is too.
    Our engineers fixed the issue, and the services went back to normal. I checked the monitoring since then and everything is ok now.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

@RyanGelinas said:
    I made the mistake of asking for an RFO, this is what I got (which is far from an RFO):

Hi Ryan,

Our engineers fixed the issue, and the services went back to normal. I checked the monitoring since then and everything is ok now.

RFO? What does that mean? Reason for outage? Surely not.

• JWU42JWU42 Member

This will teach me to to not stay active on LET. Thankfully my box was OK through this (Dallas). I guess it is time to NOT renew next month...

An all too frequent "pump and dump"

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@RyanGelinas said:
    I made the mistake of asking for an RFO, this is what I got (which is far from an RFO):

Hi Ryan,

That's what you get when you outsource support to clueless twits.

Having said that, I am thinking about giving the current dedi another shot at renewal (Considering months of uninterrupted service and the crazy price), unless someone is able to match the price (range) / specs of my box that now runs non critical dev environment / gitlab server.

• Processor - E3-1220
    • RAM - 8GB RAM
    • Storage - 240GB SSD
    • Bandwidth - 10TB @ 1GBit
    • IPv4 - 5 usable IPs.
    • Location - NYC / Don't care.

Price - $20/Mo.