Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

autoprovisioning module for proxmox ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

autoprovisioning module for proxmox ?

cociucociu Member

Hello Guys ,

i want to know wich is the best module for whmcs for autoprovisioning kvm , openvz, LVM in proxmox nodes ....

Actualy i use Modulesfactory but totaly unsatisfied with so i look for a easy way to swich from this module (because i have many clients so if is possible to make something easy i really consider the option to not make all manually) to another option.

Thanks for your recomendation.

Comments

• BopieBopie Member

I sent you a pm about htis earlier thinking you used the one from module garden not module factory :(

https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/proxmox-vps

have you tried that, i just it before and its excellent

• cociucociu Member

Bopie said: I sent you a pm about htis earlier thinking you used the one from module garden not module factory :(

https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/proxmox-vps

have you tried that, i just it before and its excellent

just ask ,.,,, i see in the life time module "Unencrypted Source Code" is this for real ? so i can modif the code ? i ask this because this is the problem what i faced now with the modulesfactory because is all encrypted and if i want to resolve something asap because the guy from there seems to sleep much and is verry unnopened to help , i can put my programmers to resolve the issue.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

Stay away from ModulesGarden if you want to sleep in the nights

• I am working on one thats "in the works"

• cociucociu Member

zafouhar said: Stay away from ModulesGarden if you want to sleep in the nights

please elaborate , i dont like to sleep much but ... yes i consider to sleep somethimes.

Thanked by 2Bopie cassa
  • BopieBopie Member

@cociu, the module work as it should from my testing, however, the company is shit, modulegarden are seriously terrible to work with but i would guess as its open source thats yes you can modify it as you wish, here chat is not online or i would have spoke to them for you.

Can i ask what issues have you got from the modulefactory module?

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Bopie said: Can i ask what issues have you got from the modulefactory module?

What i can tell you , i am in a verry f---ked situation right now ....

1) is not create the orders
    2) the users if is try to reinstall the vm is bloked and never cameback online withowt manual intervention so i recive at least 50 tikest due of this.
    3) in some orders is sending the vm details in anothers no.
    4) if i put 10 tb traffic limit/mo in the product page in some orders is provide 1tb in anothers 10tb , to mention is the same package

5) no vnc is work

6) no root password change work

7) no rdns

8) i set traffic limit in the product page and have case when the vps is delivered with unlimited

9) the guy is verry confortable to response only 1 time in the tikets with the tipical answer ... did you ty this .... ?

So i am verry upset about this and definetly we will change this module because i will not make upset people who have buy a service wich cannot use.

To mention i have a lifetime license and i just buy a upgrade plan. After upgrade nothing work property and the upgrade was make via teamwiever by the owner . SO YES I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS BECAUSE IS A VERRY bad when you have problems.

• BopieBopie Member

@cociu this is bad as i have been testing the exact same module for around 3 months now and was about to put it into production only thing is i have not seen these issues but i have also not got as big a company as you so maybe its a volume thing from orders etc i dont know but either way have also noticed the owner is slow as shit at responding.

• cociucociu Member

Bopie said: @cociu this is bad as i have been testing the exact same module for around 3 months now and was about to put it into production only thing is i have not seen these issues but i have also not got as big a company as you so maybe its a volume thing from orders etc i dont know but either way have also noticed the owner is slow as shit at responding.

i have used his modules for 4 years , never had big issue but in the last 2 weks is my nightmare really and what is more unbeleve i am opened to pay him up to 500 eur only to help me with this eaven i have a lifetime license + support buy and the guy .... always send me print screens .... i am really upset.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Have used the Proxmox module between 2014-2016 from ModulesGarden. They significantly raised the prices later on.

Anyways, their module worked flawlessly. I rarely ever submitted a support ticket. As far as I remember it is encrypted source and you need to pay in 4 figures ($xxxx) for the unencrypted source (check their website)

• cociucociu Member

BlaZe said: As far as I remember it is encrypted source and you need to pay in 4 figures ($xxxx)

this is the easy part really in my case right now .... but i dont want to swich to wrost ... so need to investigate ...

• racksxracksx Member

@cociu, go with modulesgarden if you check your pm I already sent you that info long time ago :), modulesgarden = a team of people, modulefactory = a team of 1 person :)

• BopieBopie Member

@cociu said:

BlaZe said: As far as I remember it is encrypted source and you need to pay in 4 figures ($xxxx)

this is the easy part really in my case right now .... but i dont want to swich to wrost ... so need to investigate ...

Order it with the 7 day trial and test it out in a dev situation :)

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

racksx said: modulefactory = a team of 1 person :)

this is true ... but ... i have been 1 person too in the past but i have work hard to grow, seems in this case is not ...

really i dont blame him , but hi know me , know our volume , at least advert to not use it ... or i dont know , tell something ... tell me something like " i am out of memory " .........

for the moment i will not make public my tikets with him but if i will make publik all our converastions in the last 2 weeks you will be verry shocked of his answers.....

I repeat what before i have write , i am not pretend to offer full support in a lifetime license , eaven i have buy support , but at least if you see your customer is opened to pay you anything to make it work .... in this moment i am opened whatever hi ask for this job (clear a real amount) but no hi dont want ... also is difficult because hi always ask for ftp and whmcs credientials , personaly in my case this is not a game or a guy who rent a dedi , i am a legitm business and i cannot provide this details to nobody ... so all what we work is via teamwiever. but yesterday for exemple hi have try to fix something and finally we are in the same issue or wrost ....

• cociucociu Member

so finnaly i will play with modulesgarden

• XEOVOXEOVO Member

ModulesGarden is pretty buggy, won't recommend.

• cociucociu Member

XEOVO said: ModulesGarden is pretty buggy, won't recommend.

but is opensource or not ? anyone can confirm this ?

• Blesta has a proxmox module, is that an option. It works well!

• cociucociu Member

ratherbak3d said: Blesta has a proxmox module, is that an option. It works well!

dont know blesta , we use whmcs from start and i dont have nothing to complain , i try to stay there ...

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2017

I think you will save so much of ur own time by having the plugin working, I recommend you try modulesgarden on a test node or something first.

Right now as you said, you waste too much time sorting issues that should be automatic.

If you like a plugin, you can even buy sourcecode and hire someone to develop it when needed instead of hiring a fulltime coder.

• ModulesGarden is good I've been playing around with it the last few months some glitches in the GUI where you cant see certain things but aside from that it works.

• cociucociu Member

stefeman said: I think you will save so much of ur own time by having the plugin working, I recommend you try modulesgarden on a test node or something first.

Right now as you said, you waste too much time sorting issues that should be automatic.

If you like a plugin, you can even buy sourcecode and hire someone to develop it when needed instead of hiring a fulltime coder.

i have coders here because we offer a lot services (local) and is not a problem. I have send now a tiket to modulesgarden to see if is possible to have a open source and see the price, After this definetly we will configure this for our needs and if is need more code to resolve this will not be a issue. Let see what we will recive when the tiket will be answered. Meantime i have 4 people who resolve the old module manually (need to dezasign the id and assign manually and with this the vm is working)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We have the modules garden proxmox cloud full source version. Just be aware if you modify if (like we did heavily) it is a bit of a mess and seems to fight against you when making changes.

Thanked by 2Bopie vimalware
  • cociucociu Member

Awmusic12635 said: Awmusic12635

just one question , i look in the page of modulesgarden and i dont find if is support openvz , also if is compatible the latest version of this module with proxmox 3.3 because i have a huge quantity of nodes with this version.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@cociu said:

zafouhar said: Stay away from ModulesGarden if you want to sleep in the nights

please elaborate , i dont like to sleep much but ... yes i consider to sleep somethimes.

First of all they are extremely slow on resolving and bugs, it took months to get a simple fix after they pushed an update with obviously no testing.

Also it seems their coding is a mess so you'll need to waste a lot of time figuring out whats what in their opensource version

To conclude, if you have a developer code your own module rather than waste time fixing someone else's plugin.

• cociucociu Member

zafouhar said: To conclude, if you have a developer code your own module rather than waste time fixing someone else's plugin.

this is true , but right now i am not in a good situation to have time to make this . So at least i try to buy a open source and if is broke something we can take a look not wait for a person who is delay with the tipical response and not resolve nothing.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • BarisBaris Member

@cociu said:

zafouhar said: To conclude, if you have a developer code your own module rather than waste time fixing someone else's plugin.

this is true , but right now i am not in a good situation to have time to make this . So at least i try to buy a open source and if is broke something we can take a look not wait for a person who is delay with the tipical response and not resolve nothing.

This is also my advice. Hire additional devs to code you own module. After your own solution becomes stable you can start to sell it and generate a steady side income.

• cociucociu Member

i will die today really REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY this is the answer from our module guy after wait him 24 hours , also i have provide him xxxxx printscreens , we have not touch nothing .... etc etc this is unbelive.

the latest response :

"Staff 09/05/2017 17:04
    Hi Marius,
    Did you or any admin overwrite or roll-back the patch files changes we did last time by any chance, please confirm the date of the file /modules/servers/proxmox/proxmox.php also can you confirm creating VPS from proxmox node level on the node that is facing issue with rebuild if working ok for new creation for same template. It sound to me some templates might be facing issue or there is some settings on the openvz template in whmcs like using ext4 when you need to use ext3 or not specifying enough ram. "

Thanked by 1Foul
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

cociu said: just one question , i look in the page of modulesgarden and i dont find if is support openvz , also if is compatible the latest version of this module with proxmox 3.3 because i have a huge quantity of nodes with this version.

We only use openvz and proxmox 3 so yes.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

ok , let update a little . We work out all the modulesfactory problems and now the reinstall should be work property , also we have added TUN/TAP to the client account so you have the posibility to activate it automatically from your client area. Thanks all for understand the situatin what we have faced.

Regards,
    Marius