Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migrating WHMCS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Migrating WHMCS.

Does anyone have experience migrating whmcs + cpanel accounts from one domain to another?

This includes the shared hosting accounts on one company to the new domain. I will receive the WHMCS database but my main concern lies with the clients on the hosting provider. I will have to move them to my own domain.

Comments

• My daily job :3
    What's your question?

• You'll need to use the WHMCS Migration Script (found in the members area) to import the new clients from the other database.

Thanked by 1varunchopra
  • racksxracksx Member

Why not full backup of them cpanel account restore to your server, rename the domain to your domain, and you are all set.

• @racksx said:
    Why not full backup of them cpanel account restore to your server, rename the domain to your domain, and you are all set.

What about having clients change nameservers? What's the best way to go about this?

@jetchirag said:
    My daily job :3
    What's your question?

I want to seamlessly migrate all clients from one host to another (cPanel + WHM),

• Yes, I recommend to use the backup module for restoration and change the domain name with the configuration and database if any. You can search the database if the domain is set in any of the field.

Thanked by 1varunchopra
  • racksxracksx Member

@varunchopra, if you plan to change just the domain name, then my first step is easy to do and it takes less stress for you, about nameservers that would take you a bit more work to do, first notify all the customers about whmcs domain change, notify them about nameservers changes, also try to get the old domain and still use the nameservers without any changes, and apply the nameservers to the new users only.

Thanked by 1varunchopra
  • @varunchopra said:

@racksx said:

What about having clients change nameservers? What's the best way to go about this?

@jetchirag said:
    My daily job :3
    What's your question?

I want to seamlessly migrate all clients from one host to another (cPanel + WHM),

You are just changing WHMCS's domain? If so, then you can use backup script and restore to new destination and change URL and possibly directory.

Thanked by 1varunchopra