Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Python Web Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Python Web Server

VladorzVladorz Member

Hi, I would like to start developing a small python web application but I have no idea what web server to use for a production environment. I know that most python web frameworks come with a web server but I really don't think any of those are good for production. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with this. :)

Comments

• awsonawson Member

nginx

• @awson said:
    nginx

well, nginx is first on my list I just want to know if there are any better alternatives

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

https://www.djangoproject.com/

Used in production by many.

• nikcubnikcub Member

nginx with gunicorn, uwsgi or flup behind it

really need more information to make a better recommendation, which server gateway interface does your web application implement? WSGI is the most common.

• Pure python, flask, perhaps?

• flyfly Member

nginx + uwsgi = win

• @Wintereise said:
    Pure python, flask, perhaps?

i was thinking of using the web.py framework

@nikcub said:
    nginx with gunicorn, uwsgi or flup behind it

gunicorn looks good. does anyone else have any experience with it?

• @fly said:
    nginx + uwsgi = win

i researched this a little and this seems to be true according to... well all comparisons between gunicorn and wsgi. thx for the recommendation

• nikcubnikcub Member

@vladorz you can't go wrong with either gunicorn or uwsgi - both widely deployed and have a lot of documentation. just make sure you are serving static content directly from nginx rather than via the WSGI gateway (if you find docs/tutorials almost all of them will explain this point first)

• nginx + uwgsi

• mod_python and Apache.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

A little old, but here are some benchmarks: http://nichol.as/benchmark-of-python-web-servers