Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I purchased the Hostoro VPS, the data was automatically returned to February 17!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I purchased the Hostoro VPS, the data was automatically returned to February 17!

xkwy521xkwy521 Member
edited May 2017 in General

Server start-up time 1 day ago, before, I have never been restart operation!

My 3 months of effort all lost, time is wasted!

Helpless, how do? Contact with customer service, still in progress!

Comments

• YuraYura Member

What happened to your off-site backups?

• It looks like they had to restore from a backup. If they don't have a more recent backup, you're probably out of luck. I take it you have no external backups of any sort?

• busbrbusbr Member

Contact with customer service, still in progress!

What's the rush?

• xkwy521xkwy521 Member

@busbr said:

Contact with customer service, still in progress!

What's the rush?

Customer service reply speed is too slow, 1 day to answer once?

• xkwy521xkwy521 Member

@Yura said:
    @DigitalFyre said:
    It looks like they had to restore from a backup. If they don't have a more recent backup, you're probably out of luck. I take it you have no external backups of any sort?

Unfortunately, I did not pay much attention to data backup, the last time a backup or March!

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

We all get a chance to learn the importance of regular backups, this is yours!

• teamaccteamacc Member

@xkwy521 said:

@Yura said:
    @DigitalFyre said:
    It looks like they had to restore from a backup. If they don't have a more recent backup, you're probably out of luck. I take it you have no external backups of any sort?

Unfortunately, I did not pay much attention to data backup, the last time a backup or March!

Well, that seems newer than their version. Advise: restore to your own backup and then ensure you never are without backups again.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

We did not restore your VPS from backup as it is clearly stated in our ToS we do not take backups of our VPS services.

Can you please provide the ticket ID you have open?

We did have to reboot a node yesterday, what probably happened here is that you were likely migrated from an older node in the past and that VPS on that older node re-gained network connectivity while this node was down, so your old VPS is currently active.

• xkwy521xkwy521 Member

Haha ha ha ha ha ha, thanks to Jesus,the data has been restored by Hostodo's customer service!

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

xkwy521 said: Haha ha ha ha ha ha, thanks to Jesus,the data has been restored by Hostodo's customer service!

Whoa! Didn't see that coming!

This is a very high energy thread! I am excited!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • LeonnLeonn Member

LEB, an Excellent Global Ticket Proccessing Center!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Leonn said: LEB, an Excellent Global Ticket Proccessing Center!

Please take the customer satisfaction survey! And hope you have a great day ahead!

Thanked by 2Frameworks ucxo
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@xkwy521 said:
    Haha ha ha ha ha ha, thanks to Jesus,the data has been restored by Hostodo's customer service!

@Jesus

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • JesusJesus Member

xkwy521 said: Haha ha ha ha ha ha, thanks to Jesus,the data has been restored by Hostodo's customer service!

No problem, bro. Always there when you need me!

• Is Jesus back in hosting again? Oh noes!

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Customer probably now thinks that host takes backups and will still not take backups.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Amitz
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@serverian said:
    Is Jesus back in hosting again? Oh noes!

Guaranteed 72 hour turn around on all backups.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member