Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for XEN/KVM VPS in Chicago with satisfactory ping to EU and great to the US.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for XEN/KVM VPS in Chicago with satisfactory ping to EU and great to the US.

whitewolfwhitewolf Member
edited June 2013 in Providers

I am looking for a XEN or KVM (Preferably XEN) VPS in the Chicago area, I plan to use this as a IRC Hub server so it requires low ping to places across the US and in Europe. I have tried edis.at and fstservers.com. I have heard bad things about CVPS so I don't think I would try them. I need a basic Low End Server with 256mb ram, 1 core CPU, 100mbps shared uplink, one IPv4 address and no IPv6, at low end prices.
Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Woh, IRC, that's the thing you don't usually find at LEB price.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@sundaymouse right opposite. Just few LEB hosts don't allow IRC. Atleast IRC clients.

• @sundaymouse I could clarify that as a hub the Ip address(es) are NOT public on a round robin or even dns, the IP is only shared with the other opers. If you have any questions ask away! Just looking to see if any users have good experiences with anyone

• NYC/NJ would be a better location, Chicago isnt really EU friendly ping wise

• whitewolfwhitewolf Member
    edited June 2013

@Spencer NYC/NJ would be great if it was in the center of the USA, we are looking for somthing that could keep the US client servers connected, and stay connected to the other EU hub. If worst comes to worst I can get a server in NJ to finish the hop but we also have another US hub that can do that already tho its unstable. Again somthin geolocated at a major fiber path in the US located in the central area (Like Chicago or Kansas) We tried edis.at with no luck for good ping period, would not stay connected to anything... We would prefer a XEN but KVM will work...
    Thanks!