Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X4B | Anycast DDoS Protection | Beta Testers Required (FREE for 2 months) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X4B | Anycast DDoS Protection | Beta Testers Required (FREE for 2 months)

2»

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

FYI We are currently experimenting with adding Miami. Don't be alarmed if you see a Miami PoP showing up.

• It's Layer 7, so it's a reverse proxy like CloudFlare and Voxility, right?
    How will my server get the original client IP?

@Pilovali You can choose the method of communication (HTTP Reverse Proxy, TCP/UDP Reverse Proxy, GRE/IP-in-IP Tunnel, GRE+BGP) from the control panel.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@Pilovali said:
    It's Layer 7, so it's a reverse proxy like CloudFlare and Voxility, right?
    How will my server get the original client IP?

If it's a shared hosting, I believe that they also include the original IP in the http header X-Real-IP if the anycast thing is the same as the regular protection that they offer.

Link: https://www.x4b.net/kb/RealIP

@Edmond Correct the header is X-Real-IP so use mod_remoteip/mod_rpaf on Apache or realip on nginx.

FYI everyone make sure you reply to the PM sent. I'm executing all the date bumps at the moment (sorry it's taking a while, I'm swamped at the moment)

• I'd love to try this feature. I've been a customer for a year before, using both Single-homed and Multi-homed protection, now finally Anycast is available.

Everyone, we are currently debating the merits of another round of beta testing. We will act based on the feedback received from this round.

Order of application will continue to be honoured if we go ahead with another round.