Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk sold to big capital for $105 Million - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk sold to big capital for $105 Million

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MikePT said:
    Wasn't there a plesk reseller that had super cheap licenses, like 4 usd no domain limit?
    IIRC not sure. Seen it in LET.

I think I remember a website in french doing this, or something like that.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • henkbhenkb Member

Maybe @gleert can help you guys out with plesk licenses

Thanked by 1gleert
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jarland said:

@MikePT said:
    Wasn't there a plesk reseller that had super cheap licenses, like 4 usd no domain limit?
    IIRC not sure. Seen it in LET.

I think I remember a website in french doing this, or something like that.

Yep I think that was it...

@DigitalFyre said:
    I think the cheapest a Plesk Partner can get for Plesk Unlimited VPS is like $8 or $9/mo depending on their tier, unless this reseller is grandfathered or their volume is titanic.

IIRC it was below 5 USD or EUR.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

MikePT said: IIRC it was below 5 USD or EUR.

The best I can do is in the $8 or $9/mo range...

• MattKCMattKC Member

@Amitz said:
    You guys make me want want to reconsider Plesk as a hosting panel. I still know it from way back in the days when it was a pure pain in the ass. Seems that it improved a lot over the years!

I remember when cPanel was the "up and comer" with Plesk & Ensim actually (mild) competition.

• @watwatwat said:
    My issue with plesk is the licensing. Get rid of the licensing tiers and simplify it like cpanel's. Until that day, plesk will be a steaming pile of garbage before we even talk about its technical features.

The problem is you, not Plesk. I'll let you figure out the solution to that.

• AmitzAmitz Member

gleert said: The best I can do is in the $8 or $9/mo range...

Which license type would that be? I assume the VPS license, but is it the Web Host Edition or the Web Pro Edition? And is this an internal or external license in the sense of: Can I use it on any server or is it bound to your services?

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Which license type would that be? I assume the VPS license, but is it the Web Host Edition or the Web Pro Edition? And is this an internal or external license in the sense of: Can I use it on any server or is it bound to your services?

It's the VPS Web Host edition, you can use it on any VPS... But the pricing would be with a yearly commitment...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I think OVH charge like €4/mo for Plesk licenses

• XEOVOXEOVO Member

We are using currently Plesk Onyx for shared. I hope this change will be positive and Plesk Onyx will have more features.