Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ERX 1400 Edge Router
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ERX 1400 Edge Router

ScammerProutScammerProut Member
edited May 2017 in General

So I ended up pulse buying this edge router for $550 everything is working on it, it powers on and reads good. I know I ask a shit load of questions and I've pretty much already googled this edge router so I know its pretty good but I just want to get some pros and cons from people who have actually used it. Can anyone tell me some experiences preferable the life span on this baby.

http://imgur.com/MBa9Vob

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

It's an EOL kit already. No support for 10G Ethernet. More suited for ATM. Haven't touched it in my life, but taking in account it's EOL and the routing table has grown, potentially won't support full table - worth checking with someone who worked with this kit.

Thanked by 1ScammerProut
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

That looks like a nice toy anyway. :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

On top of what @Clouvider said - I have a feeling that this is extremely un-efficient in terms of energy consumption.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

Or space... Or heat...

• ScammerProutScammerProut Member
    edited May 2017

@Clouvider said:
    It's an EOL kit already. No support for 10G Ethernet. More suited for ATM. Haven't touched it in my life, but taking in account it's EOL and the routing table has grown, potentially won't support full table - worth checking with someone who worked with this kit.

The Ethernet support is basically a make it or break it for me unfortunately. I have a 20G network capacity right now so this router might not do anything for me. At least I got it for the low and can easily resell it on ebay or something. Although I might fiddle with it for a while to learn some things before selling it.

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

The Ethernet support is basically a make it or break it for me unfortunately. I have a 20G network capacity right now so this router might not do anything for me. At least I got it for the low and can easily resell it on ebay or something. Although I might fiddle with it for a while to learn some things before selling it.

Yeah. Look into MX104 (used if budget won't allow) if you need HW that can actually cope with some current network requirements.

@AlexBarakov said:
    On top of what @Clouvider said - I have a feeling that this is extremely un-efficient in terms of energy consumption.

I second that! The amount of money saved on space+power would likely pay you for a lease for MX104.

• @Clouvider said:

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

I second that! The amount of money saved on space+power would likely pay you for a lease for MX104.

You can lease a MX104 in the US?

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

@KeKe said:

@Clouvider said:

You can lease a MX104 in the US?

Yeah, Juniper can put you in touch with a good reseller, and if they want to sell it to you I'm sure they will find a way to finance it ;-).

Clouvider said: Yeah, Juniper can put you in touch with a good reseller, and if they want to sell it to you I'm sure they will find a way to finance it ;-).

Question here is does he really need a MX104.

• @AlexBarakov said:

Clouvider said: Yeah, Juniper can put you in touch with a good reseller, and if they want to sell it to you I'm sure they will find a way to finance it ;-).

Not now he has been identified as Joshua Prout and is banned from selling

GenjiSwitchPls said: Not now he has been identified as Joshua Prout and is banned from selling

Did I miss the drama somewhere?

@AlexBarakov said:

2x 10G pipes and full tables. If budget allows I'd go for it. Better to do stuff right the first time if possible :-).

Below MX104 there's MX80 and lower, but you don't have the dual routing engine capability and the CPU is even slower meaning convergence times hurt.

• @AlexBarakov said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: Not now he has been identified as Joshua Prout and is banned from selling

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2527/the-cest-pit#Comment_2206587

edited May 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@AlexBarakov said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2527/the-cest-pit#Comment_2206587

????

How does it have any connection to @KeKe? Are you trolling?

Edit: Ok. Guess you have linked to the wrong thread.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/95636/don-t-get-scammed bottom Thanks @AlexBarakov

In that case this is where I stop sharing any knowledge in his threads.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @Clouvider sorry for the confusing information. It does say in that threat Jarland accusing him of being Joshua.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Clouvider sorry for the confusing information. It does say in that threat Jarland accusing him of being Joshua.

@jarland's Prout detection device is very finely tuned by now. There is no escape.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Nekki said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Clouvider sorry for the confusing information. It does say in that threat Jarland accusing him of being Joshua.

@jarland's Prout detection device is very finely tuned by now. There is no escape.

How powerful is it? Is it