Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any decent competitor to buyshared reseller? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any decent competitor to buyshared reseller?

2»

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2017

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:
    Shove this in the TOS: any account causing excess load will be suspended. The security of your websites depend on YOUR configuration, so for example: renaming /wp-admin could save you from having disciplinary actions placed.

Fair, but expecting people to firewall their wp-login's is not going to happen and turn into a few hundred tickets in queue.

Instead, working on some sort of system on my end is better use of my time. I want to expand my anti-spam system and make it help cleanup after messes, but I get limited feedback from sendmail/cloudlinux to work with. Right now I just check through the log once a week or so and throw .htaccess files here/there to cleanup and send the client a ticket.

Francisco

Well, that shatters my final idea. Good luck :)

• @Nick said:

@doghouch said:

@mansoor said:
    Hudson valley has been down for three days now. Yes, all sites down for three days. They have some mySQL corruption and they are unable to provide any ETA :(

HudsonValleyGhost?

@Nick

Shared server labeled "titanium" has indeed had a bumpy last few days. Replacement was built, racked and migrations have been underway for the 3.2TB's of client data to the new system.

Day Four and no websites. All sites still down and no response or ETA from Hudson Valley. Here is my support ticket to them from yesterday

=====================

Please do not put me out of business guys. Please for the love of God, just give me a copy of my sites (backups) so I can go to another host. This will completely shut down my business. Six of my customers have already sent me a written request to cancel their hosting and provide them with backups. Why are you doing this? All I am asking respectfully is for my backups. Please help me out. Please do not send me an email to be patient and wait for further updates. Please please give me my backup Nick.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@mansoor said:

@Nick said:

@doghouch said:

@mansoor said:
    Hudson valley has been down for three days now. Yes, all sites down for three days. They have some mySQL corruption and they are unable to provide any ETA :(

HudsonValleyGhost?

@Nick

Shared server labeled "titanium" has indeed had a bumpy last few days. Replacement was built, racked and migrations have been underway for the 3.2TB's of client data to the new system.

Day Four and no websites. All sites still down and no response or ETA from Hudson Valley. Here is my support ticket to them from yesterday

=====================

Please do not put me out of business guys. Please for the love of God, just give me a copy of my sites (backups) so I can go to another host. This will completely shut down my business. Six of my customers have already sent me a written request to cancel their hosting and provide them with backups. Why are you doing this? All I am asking respectfully is for my backups. Please help me out. Please do not send me an email to be patient and wait for further updates. Please please give me my backup Nick.

We don't provide support via forums, a technician was passed your ticket number and will reply accordingly.

• @Francisco said:

@doghouch said:
    Shove this in the TOS: any account causing excess load will be suspended. The security of your websites depend on YOUR configuration, so for example: renaming /wp-admin could save you from having disciplinary actions placed.

Fair, but expecting people to firewall their wp-login's is not going to happen and turn into a few hundred tickets in queue.

Instead, working on some sort of system on my end is better use of my time. I want to expand my anti-spam system and make it help cleanup after messes, but I get limited feedback from sendmail/cloudlinux to work with. Right now I just check through the log once a week or so and throw .htaccess files here/there to cleanup and send the client a ticket.

Francisco

Here's a one liner, simple nice and easy - run it in a cron or something and you're done :)

for ip in `tail -n 100000 /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log |grep wp-login |sed -e 's/.*\[client //' |sed -e 's/\].*//g' |sort |grep -v ' ' |uniq -c |sort -r |awk '$1>8' |awk '{print $2}'` ; do apf -d "${ip}" "wpbrute static" ; done

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

Francisco

Here's a one liner, simple nice and easy - run it in a cron or something and you're done :)

for ip in `tail -n 100000 /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log |grep wp-login |sed -e 's/.*\[client //' |sed -e 's/\].*//g' |sort |grep -v ' ' |uniq -c |sort -r |awk '$1>8' |awk '{print $2}'` ; do apf -d "${ip}" "wpbrute static" ; done
    > 

Haha :) cPanel doesn't use a converged access_log, nor would it ever end up in error_log.

I'll see about demoing it on lv-shared03 this weekend since it and lv-shared01 get smacked about the most.

Francisco

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

MikePT said: There's an excellent alternative - www.virmach.com The new hosting infrastructure is pretty damn fast. @Virmach

We are actually releasing a sister website exclusively for shared hosting very soon. These packages were listed in our latest LET offer. Reseller hosting will be offered soon as well.

• @Francisco said:

@zafouhar said:

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

Francisco

> > 

Haha :) cPanel doesn't use a converged access_log, nor would it ever end up in error_log.

I'll see about demoing it on lv-shared03 this weekend since it and lv-shared01 get smacked about the most.

Francisco

Here's another one then:

#!/bin/bash
    for i in `lynx --dump --width=4096 localhost/whm-server-status | grep wp-login | awk '{print$11}' |sort | uniq -c | awk '$1>5' | awk '{print$2}'`; do
     apf -d $i 'wordpress brute'
    done

@zafouhar said:

@Francisco said:

@zafouhar said:

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

Francisco

> > > 

Francisco

Here's another one then:

> #!/bin/bash
    > for i in `lynx --dump --width=4096 localhost/whm-server-status | grep wp-login | awk '{print$11}' |sort | uniq -c | awk '$1>5' | awk '{print$2}'`; do
    >  apf -d $i 'wordpress brute'
    > done
    > 

That is pretty clever! Though I gotta see if LSWS has it. Always nice to get public feedback :)

Francisco

Yeah, no go on LSWS.

Still, there must be some sort of contact point for it if my own idea doesn't help.

Francisco

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@seenu said:
    Hello,
    Any provider providing services like buyshared?

i am fully satisfied with them but my only problem is, they don't want to do backups for free and asking $1 for each site.

i want to move my reseller sites to other provider but i want them to handle backup/restore from my current provider.

note: i will be keeping my buyshared reseller, this is for another reseller account.
    i expect a decent one please.

You can try our reseller hosting plan, Free every next day backup and monthly backup. No charges for creating backup. SSD Disk. 96GB RAM, Dual CPU, USA.