Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your advice. Strato Nameservers Changing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need your advice. Strato Nameservers Changing

click4easyclick4easy Member
edited May 2017 in Help

Hello everyone.
My sincere 'thank-you' to everyone who is helping build LET forum as one of the most active forums on the internet. I feel it's a great honor to learn about different view points, and people being generous helping/giving advice to other members. Thank you for providing me(a fellow LET reader) with that wonderful opportunity.

I've bought a domain name on Strato.com due to less price for .com, and I regret doing so because they have one of the most 'not-so-easy' name server changing procedure.

I tried changing my name-servers several times, but found no luck. I then requested support to atleast delete my domain or move it elsewhere, however they say it's not possible since the domain is not yet 60 days old(to transfer).

Can someone from the community kindly give me some advice on how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

Welcome to LET :)
    In fact changing ns doesnt seem that hard a task for me when following their guide:
    https://www.strato.de/faq/article/1827/Welche-Einstellungen-kann-ich-im-Konfigurationsdialog-NS-Record-vornehmen.html

About that 60 days thing: Afaik when it comes to changing ownership of a domain it is a common rule basically all registrars are obliged to follow. Not Stratos fault here.
    That being said there are registrars with a more comforting support team :P

• @Ympker Thank you for your response. The option they mentioned in that article is no longer valid. Here's a reply from them on how to change the nameservers:

=======================================================
    "It is only possible at this present time to change Name server records over sub -domains , please follow the instructions below:

To create a sub-domain name, please login to your customer service area using your customer number and password.
    Once you have successfully logged inside, please click onto the button with the "..." inside it and then select "Manage domains".
    To the right of the domain name you would like to create the sub-domain for, please click onto "Manage" and then "Create sub-domain".
    Here in the empty field, please enter only www and save your settings by clicking onto "Create sub-domain".
    To setup a CNAME for your sub-domain, please click on "Manage" located to the right of the sub-domain, "DNS Management" and then "Manage" located to> the right of "CNAME Record".
    You will now be able to enter your desired CNAME record, and select "Accept settings" to save.
    Now you need to forward your sub-domain to the root domain. In the domain overview, you will now see a small + symbol next to the root domain. Select this and you will then be able to see your newly created sub-domain. Select "Manage" located to the right of the sub-domain name you wish to forward.> Inside this area, the first option will be "setup forwarding".>
    Now, you will be able to select the external forwarding. Select this and> you will be asked to enter inside the root domain name (without the www.)> and save your settings. This is then active with immediate effect.''

• YmpkerYmpker Member

That's odd. You should be able to set na records for the main domain as well. I only skimmed the reply but if it really is sub domains only that would suck. Better ask them again (or phone).

• Yeah strato doesn't allow nameserver change somehow. That's why I have no domains with them.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • @BlazeMuis said:
    Yeah strato doesn't allow nameserver change somehow. That's why I have no domains with them.

Wish i had known this earlier, would have not gone with them!

• edited May 2017

I like Dreamhost (https://www.dreamhost.com/domains/), and I've heard good things about PorkBun (https://porkbun.com/).