Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with proxmox install
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem with proxmox install

I'm trying to install proxmox on a supermicro server to use for monitoring having multiple personal virtual machines. I've installed proxmox probably a dozen times with no problems but today on these new disks I have 2x500GB SATA 3 drives having them in raid0 I'm getting this error while trying to install.

http://imgur.com/npiNEPX

Can anyone shed some light on what they think the problem could be?

Comments

• IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

Are you using Hardware RAID, Software RAID (BIOS Based), or Software RAID within the OS?
    If you are using Software RAID that is BIOS based, I'd recommend trying to do it software based, I've had problems like that when doing bios based SW RAID.

• Try to install it using ZFS RAID1.

• @Magbanua said:
    Try to install it using ZFS RAID1.

No I didn't try it with any raid at all.

• @IonSwitch_Nick said:
    Are you using Hardware RAID, Software RAID (BIOS Based), or Software RAID within the OS?
    If you are using Software RAID that is BIOS based, I'd recommend trying to do it software based, I've had problems like that when doing bios based SW RAID.

I cant seem to access any setting for raid in supermicro settings.

• VitaVita Member
    edited May 2017

Don't use the hardware raid on the server. Just select in proxmox installer the RAID setting you want.

Also try to remove all data and partitions from the drives before installing.

• @Vita said:
    Don't use the hardware raid on the server. Just select in proxmox installer the RAID setting you want.

That's the problem I'm having I cant seem to get to any configurations for the disk on supermicro boot. I usually use Dell so I'm not familiar with the supermicro boot.

• IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@KeKe said:

@Vita said:

That's the problem I'm having I cant seem to get to any configurations for the disk on supermicro boot. I usually use Dell so I'm not familiar with the supermicro boot.

Have you tried both UEFI and Legacy boots?