Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HELP] Unusual request: Help with Proxmox problems! Urgent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HELP] Unusual request: Help with Proxmox problems! Urgent

fLoofLoo Member

Hey guys,

normally i wouldnt post this here but i feel kinda in need of a solution or atleast a hint where this problems may reside from:

Here is the original thread: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/test-luks-softraid-10-f2-slow-vm-performance.34395/

Proxmox with VMs (LXC works fine) spawn way too many threads and make CPU 100% on all cores = go nuts. This happens once someone does a lot IO inside the VM.

I've this problem with the default ISO and manual install. Tested on SATA-Raid, Softraid, and SSD-Hardraid, everywhere the same problems.

Can someone please check if you encounter the same?

Appreciated <3

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well have you tried with zfs?

• fLoofLoo Member

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Well have you tried with zfs?

No and i dont want to. Libvirt+KVM works fine and when i want something to work i want it to work. If i'd use ZFS because of this would be the same if if i buy a Mercedes because i cant find a BMW right now (and i would never go for Mercedes!) :)

• Do you ask Proxmox about the issue? What do they answer to your ticket?

• IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

Never heard of this before. Installed several Proxmox servers for clients, and none of them have complained either. What version of Proxmox are you on?