Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

email server blocked by gmail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

email server blocked by gmail

Hi friends
I have one email server and sending 4000-5000 email per day with 8 IP but gmail blocked server any solution for this.

Comments

• Dont need any Spam on my gmail account so its OK!

Thanked by 2rm_ netomx
  • Give up and use mailchannels.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@serversworld said: Tagged: email marketing

Is this double opt in or unsolicited marketing AKA spam?

• premium ip migration needed.

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

There's a few things you might look into / consider:

• Is it a permanent block, or temporary?
    • Is it actually affecting all receivers? (Gmail might say that your IP is blocked for some time, but only to certain recipients or from certain domains)
    • What is your ratio when it comes to nice email compared to "spammy" looking email?
    • Do you have accounts that does a lot of forwarding towards gmail?

Depending on your email sending, using 8 IPs might even be too much, and you should try lower it - if it gives you a better ratio of legit email versus emails that might be bulk sending / look spammy. You can send quite some semi-bad email towards them, if your amount of decent email counts towards a rather high percentage - so increasing the volume of an IP might even make it get a better reputation.

Look into your sender statistics, does it happen at certain times, when certain email-addresses send towards gmail?

If you serve customers that do a lot of forwarding, be aware that this usually results in rate-limiting and/or temporary blocking, more frequently than you think - you might want to consider asking those people to not forward, but rather use the POP3 import in Gmail.

I deal with the issues rather often - it disappears by itself, when certain customers stop their spammy emails - or if people stop forwarding.

In case of no forwarding, do all email send from your servers get authenticated via SMTP, does it have DKIM, SPF and DMARC policies set up?

• New comer, first (and only) post. Asking about blocked email server with 5000 emails per day. This rises red flags for spaming.
    Google (in contrast with MS mail platform) do have tolerance to smaller mail servers, if they are configured correctly using valid spf, dkim, rdns and the ip is not involved with spam. If they blocked OP's ip, this means in the majority of cases that his mail server was used for sending spam or or unsolicited marketing.

Small mail servers are for personal/small companies. If a big company with thousands of daily outgoing mails want to setup their mail server, they should use paid plans from companies like mailchannels. If the need of a mail server is for legit marketing, there are plenty of paid services that can do that safely.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@jvnadr said:
    New comer, first (and only) post.

I hear that the united states are here on the internets..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Zerpy said:
    There's a few things you might look into / consider:

• Is it a permanent block, or temporary?
    • Is it actually affecting all receivers? (Gmail might say that your IP is blocked for some time, but only to certain recipients or from certain domains)
    • What is your ratio when it comes to nice email compared to "spammy" looking email?
    • Do you have accounts that does a lot of forwarding towards gmail?

Depending on your email sending, using 8 IPs might even be too much, and you should try lower it - if it gives you a better ratio of legit email versus emails that might be bulk sending / look spammy. You can send quite some semi-bad email towards them, if your amount of decent email counts towards a rather high percentage - so increasing the volume of an IP might even make it get a better reputation.

Look into your sender statistics, does it happen at certain times, when certain email-addresses send towards gmail?

If you serve customers that do a lot of forwarding, be aware that this usually results in rate-limiting and/or temporary blocking, more frequently than you think - you might want to consider asking those people to not forward, but rather use the POP3 import in Gmail.

I deal with the issues rather often - it disappears by itself, when certain customers stop their spammy emails - or if people stop forwarding.

In case of no forwarding, do all email send from your servers get authenticated via SMTP, does it have DKIM, SPF and DMARC policies set up?

You're hired.

:P

Thanked by 2netomx JackH
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@jarland said:

You're hired.

moves in

As much as I would love to lol, of all things what I hate the most is delivery of emails, if I just could offer shared hosting with no email - I would have 90% more time :-D

The email-sending industry became so bad the recent years that I almost do not want to deal with it anymore, just explaining people about deliverability, and why it became so broken after ESP's gave the user an easy option to "Mark as Spam" (User reads "Delete email") - it screwed the mail-filtering, causing email delivery to just go south.

Oh well.

Thanked by 1jar

@Zerpy said:

@jarland said:

You're hired.

moves in

As much as I would love to lol, of all things what I hate the most is delivery of emails, if I just could offer shared hosting with no email - I would have 90% more time :-D

The email-sending industry became so bad the recent years that I almost do not want to deal with it anymore, just explaining people about deliverability, and why it became so broken after ESP's gave the user an easy option to "Mark as Spam" (User reads "Delete email") - it screwed the mail-filtering, causing email delivery to just go south.

Oh well.

Late 2013, when Yahoo adopted DMARC and everyone else decided to follow. I'm still explaining to people daily that email in 2017 is not email in 2011.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:

@Zerpy said:

@jarland said:

You're hired.

moves in

Oh well.

Late 2013, when Yahoo adopted DMARC and everyone else decided to follow. I'm still explaining to people daily that email in 2017 is not email in 2011.

But it's still in my inbox tho...

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited April 2017

Check your IP at MXToolbox.

• Maybe your sending IPs got blacklisted because of the bulk emails your sending may have some spam in it.

edited April 2017

Gmail doesn't really use external RBLs and mail-tester.com would give you more relevant tests and less irrelevant tests than mxtoolbox when trying to determine deliverability issues to Gmail.

If Gmail blocks you, you are sending things to them that they consider spam, or sending at a rate that they consider to be spam. Period. No exception. Their block list is never permanent, it's like fail2ban it always falls off.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • jarland said: If Gmail blocks you, you are sending things to them that they consider spam, or sending at a rate that they consider to be spam. Period. No exception. Their block list is never permanent, it's like fail2ban it always falls off.

Gmail is very good on filtering emails. In contrast with MS Outlook that is banning domains and ips for no obvious reasons, just because the ip or domain do not have yet enough reputation with their systems! And they do not even sent the mails to spam, they reject it completely!

Thanked by 1jar
  • thanks for reply

• rEDrED Member

depends on what kind of content you are sending and how much you are sending(speed).

You have to start with speed less than 250/hr/ip for gmail, start with 200 and you are good to go. If you go above this level at start then the emails will auto go to spam folder, double the send speed everyday, these steps will help u warm up ips first.

Ofc all of this considering that you are sending NON SPAMMY content and ppl actually want to receive ur newsletters.

Good luck.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited May 2017

jarland said: Gmail doesn't really use external RBLs and mail-tester.com would give you more relevant tests and less irrelevant tests than mxtoolbox when trying to determine deliverability issues to Gmail.
    If Gmail blocks you, you are sending things to them that they consider spam, or sending at a rate that they consider to be spam. Period. No exception. Their block list is never permanent, it's like fail2ban it always falls off.

Jarland is correct. I was routing all my email through my mail server, before reaching my Gmail inbox. Obvious spam, too. Gmail eventually began denying my mail routing on delivery, or dumped a lot mail into spam even though the messages had no spam characteristics other than being routed through my server.

After I used spam blocking software to stop the obvious spam from reaching Gmail, my mail server's IP fell off of Gmail's internal spam block lists.

Gmail does indeed appear to have its own internal logging of IPs which deliver spam to Gmail accounts, since my IP was never listed on any public blocklists.

• DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited May 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: Give up and use mailchannels.

And they're going to block the hell out of outbound spam.

Thanked by 2GenjiSwitchPls Zerpy