Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not very good experience with QuickPacket so far
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Not very good experience with QuickPacket so far

So here's what happened. I saw this post on LEB: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/quickpacket-49month-dual-xeon-l5420-16gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-in-atlanta/

It looked like a good deal, but it was a few months old, so I figured I'd try out the order link and see if it worked. Indeed it did, so I continued with my order, but I screwed something up somewhere and ended up with two in my cart before I checked out, so I removed one. I then set up my account, paid the initial $50, and then went to do other stuff. I quickly got an automated email confirming my $50 credit card payment, another detail with my client area login information, and an order confirmation. I figured it would take a while to set up, so I waited. At one point, I was curious, so I decided to log into my client area, to see what things were like. Much to my surprise, I got a message saying my IP was banned for "Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders
Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 23:59".

I had no idea why this was, but it prevented me from even opening a ticket or logging onto my account to figure out what the problem was. So, seeing that, I went on my VPN to change my IP so I could login and create a support ticket. Lo and behold, I can't log into my account! Even though the password was in plain text in the email, it wouldn't work, so I tried a password reset, only to get the message that "this email does not exist in our records".

And after all that, I'm stuck. I can't contact support because I don't have an account, and I can't create an account because I'm not going to make a whole new order just so I can create an account. My credit card has indeed been charged, so its not like there's no harm done here, I've paid for a service, and as far as I can tell they have simply deleted my account and banned my IP. I still like the deal and have seen good reviews, but at this point I can't even figure out how to contact their support to tell them what's going on.

Comments

• Send a pm to @qps i guess he will resolve your issue asap.

• @EarthVPN Okay, I did that with my order and invoice numbers, hopefully he gets back to me soon.

• @perennate I can't do that for two reasons. First, my IP is banned, and second, my account is deleted. Further, I can't create a new account because I don't have any orders, and thus can't create an account.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Oh, in that case you could try emailing support at quickpacket.com instead. You don't need an account to use the link above (if your IP weren't banned).

• @perennate Guess I couldn't tell because of the IP ban, but I'll also send an email to that address, but I couldn't find a contact email on the website before, thanks.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Sorry for the delayed response, but we no longer receive e-mail notifications from LET.

@Wolframium We're happy to discuss the issue with your order privately.

• Turns out that it was their fraud protection system tripping and canceling the order. I got thinks worked out with them and will update this when I receive the server. Thanks for your help @qps

• VPNVPN Member

Good to read a semi-positive outcome on this. I'm looking at this offer and would like a heads-up on any problems with them.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Unfortunately, we have to be extremely careful when an order has certain red flags, and as a result occasionally legitimate orders get flagged as fraud.

Without going into specifics, there were a number of things that made this order look suspicious. After speaking to the client, we were able to clear things up.

@Wolframium - we look forward to working with you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

• @OkieDoke said:
    Good to read a semi-positive outcome on this. I'm looking at this offer and would like a heads-up on any problems with them.

Yeah after seeing the reasons they had for putting a fraud thing on the order I certainly don't blame them. The only thing that I think could be better done in the future is a bit more notification. All I saw was that my account was deleted and my IP was banned, and while it looks like things are going to be resolved, an automated email saying that it tripped the fraud detector would have smoothed things out a bit.

• Okay, I got my server and I'm all set up. Only thing I don't like is I can't run my IRC server from there, but that was clearly stated in the AUP and I knew that before I went in, so no big deal.

The server works fine and appears to be quite fast.

• Happy to see it is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.