Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TragicServers Sold?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TragicServers Sold?

david_Wdavid_W Member
edited April 2017 in Providers

All the best Roilan, you have been a great provider.

It’s been a long journey since I started TragicServers 5 years ago. It originally started as a way for me to play games with friends. That’s all I wanted to do from day one. I never ever imagined that it would turn into what it did and change my life.

As time passed through the years, I’ve slowly starting putting my time into other interests outside of hosting and servers. Ultimately, it started taking up more of my time and less time I could spend helping you. This isn’t fair to you.

I’ve always strived to provide the best for all customers. Past, present and future. You’re all valuable and I will be forever grateful for your trust. This was at the core when looking at the future for TragicServers.

This week I’ll stepping down and TragicServers will continue forward with a new owner. I’ve spent some time finding the right person to not only continue what I started but do it better. I am passing the torch on over to Cameron Fillers, who has been in this business for 14 years. I am a firm believer that he will be able to make things better. Better for all involved.

As for the future of TragicServers, your current setups will remain the same. No crazy price hikes, setup changes, structure changes, etc. I will still be around for the next 5 or so months making sure everything is running well.

As always, thank you all and feel free to reach if you have any questions or concerns. I’ve always been transparent and that won’t ever change. Happy to talk to anyone.

Thank you all,

Roilan

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

See ya, Roilan.

I liked that you ALWAYS followed up when services were provisioned, or the occasion they were turned down. Hope you have a good life, even if you are a fucking gamer.

Love, Luck, and Lollipops,

• WSS
  • tmwctmwc Member

Even if I'm not a customer, I still kinda hate to see Roilan go. His deals were some good things.

Good luck, Roilan.

• who bought?

• @jcaleb said:
    who bought?

I am passing the torch on over to Cameron Fillers, who has been in this business for 14 years.

Google will tell you more if you want to dig in.

• Pretty tragic..

• Have two $6/year vz's with them and they are pretty solid for more than a year. Good luck Roilan.

• WSSWSS Member

@BlazeMuis said:
    Pretty tragic..

Pretty much what I thought when I checked out Cameron Fillers. $8/mo for a shared CPanel webshite? Welp.. there goes my last OVZs.

• Have just received the same email. Very sad to see him go. :(

• SpdySpdy Member

Too sad. I've cancelled all my vps in TragicServers and K9VPS

• MxlMxl Member

Goodbye and see Roilan again

• BG32BG32 Member

Don't let the door hit ya

• Hope tragic more better

• WSSWSS Member

@jagoanit said:
    Hope tragic more better

You write queues for network television, don't you?

• Someone hold me, I'm scared of this Cameron Fillers

Thanked by 1Yura
  • williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

Some pretty good offers still up

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:
    Some pretty good offers still up

If history has taught us anything, it's to tread with extreme caution following a sale.....

Thanked by 1default
  • Tragic. Good luck Roilan!

• So tragic

• Nekki said: If history has taught us anything, it's to tread with extreme caution following a sale.....

Why do you say so? Wasn't crissic sell one of the most smooth corporate moves in the history of the hosting industry? Or, what bad could we say about HVH?

Anyway, hope the best for Roilan and for Tragic Servers. I have not been their client, but a friend of mine do have 3-4 vps with them and he was very happy. As of some people yelling that they will immediately stop using their services and move on, give the new owners some time. They maybe continue the way the original owner did the job or even better. There are some paradigms on that, too (INIZ is not bad nowadays and the brands Octay like dotvps bought are doing better than previous).

Oh, and I think the new guy is him: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cameron-fillers-90a5818

• fanfan Veteran

Hope it won't be actually tragic after the owner change, Rolian was very nice and I still have several services with tragicservers.

• On his website that guy asks for 50$/month on a small VPS with 1Gb RAM. He does not even allow games on his servers, according to his policy.

With this sale, sarcasm has become cynicism. Thank you Tragic Servers for offers given on LET so far.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • The amount of positive feedback and comments has been overwhelming. Thank you all.

I will be behind the scenes for a few months to make sure things run the same way you're used to. This was not an easy decision but one I had to make to ensure customers got the best every single day.

Feel free to PM if you would like to personally talk about it in more detail.

Roilan

Thanked by 1fan
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@tragic well done, nice to see someone that does not get flamed for moving on for a change, speaks volumes about you as a person.

• It's a reminder that I need to setup backups for the server I have on trafic

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

I still can't get over how much summerhost is a reality that managing to tolerate us cheap fucks for 5 years makes you a veteran.

@AnthonySmith said:
    @tragic well done, nice to see someone that does not get flamed for moving on for a change, speaks volumes about you as a person.

..and some fuckers who never learn (or leave).

Oh, HEY ANTHONY!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

press alt+F4 plz!

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    press alt+F4 plz!

Press Alt-H for the IQ Test

That's likely still my favorite binary-edited prelogin message.

• EIG got another host? :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Bummer. For several reasons.

(1) This was the first host I bought at random. Saw the offer and thought "that's a good deal" and impulse-bought, and never regretted it. Everything else I've bought has been heavily researched but this one was just a lottery ticket that paid off.

(2) I'm enjoying my ridiculously overspec'd annual box there...4c E5620/4096 RAM/100G disk for $39/year. Expires in June...hmmm.

(3) @tragic did everything right. Very good at the customer-facing side of things - e.g., specials for customers, email followups, surveys with rewards on how they can improve, etc. If they run for 5 years, pour a lot of love and attention on their customers, and still can't make it worth their time, who can?

I'm thinking the market has gotten so saturated and commodity that the only way providers can eke out a living is to get huge. Otherwise it's one of those "I'm making money, but it's not worth my time" things.

Be interesting to see what the new owner does. The plan I have is clearly ridiculous.

Thanked by 3layfon Pwner dedipromo
  • WSSWSS Member

@raindog308

Good news! You can transfer to a CPanel setup for $8/mo as long as you keep it around 75GB!